• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rockport/ PA RV camping

LowRyter

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am heading down from Okla for the Harvest Classic in my Toy Hauler RV. I thought I'd leave 10 days early and camp on coast at Rockport or on the Island.

I wonder if you have RV park recommendations for the coast and San Antonio? Greatly appreciated.

I can't speak for San Antonio. But if you're headed for Rockport, I recommend Goose Island State Park.

Goose Island State park or Port Aransas . I like port Aransas myself :eat:

Ping bigdon55. He just spent a week down there camping in his RV.

Last edited:
There are several in Port A area. Never used them but check Trip Advisor for the higher rated ones. I can give you advice on where to eat or some things to do if your needing help with that. I think Tropical Island is the one in town if you want to be in the thick of things. Stayed there before but only in the rooms never in a RV. KP

Pioneer RV in Port A. Used to go all the time but I have been camperless for several years now :doh:

Last edited:
MARINA BEACH RV on COTTER ST

they have a few pull thrus that accommodate toy haulers

located a block n a half from the ferry landing

my toys & CHILI are there right now

sw

just curious. I have a 2500 Duramax and 30 ft 5th wheel. What is better, crossing the JFK bridge or attempting the ferry? Both ideas sorta scare me.

Are travel trailers even allowed on the ferry?

You won't have a problem on the ferry

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Never been on the ferry. But I've pulled my trailer across the causeway many times, as well as over the downtown bridge. No reason to be even remotely concerned about crossing either one.

the ferry will likely tell you to use two lanes by straddling the dividing stripes. i pull my boat behind my gooseneck travel trlr behind the f-350 4-door. they WILL take care of you. no l'hasse

swoody.........truck, trailer, and a boat, you're a brave man.

Hope to see you guys at the Harvest Classic.

There are several in Port A area. Never used them but check Trip Advisor for the higher rated ones. I can give you advice on where to eat or some things to do if your needing help with that. I think Tropical Island is the one in town if you want to be in the thick of things. Stayed there before but only in the rooms never in a RV. KP

Yeah Kick, what are the best places to eat and play?

swoody.........truck, trailer, and a boat, you're a brave man.

Hope to see you guys at the Harvest Classic.

I had a 28' 5th wheel at one time that I pulled with a 96 Ford crew cab . Pulled my boat behind it twice and my CJ7 several times across the ferry. Never any trouble.

I am wanting to make the Harvest Classic this year.

I never made the trip. The weather stopped me. I might try later in the year.

Back