• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll the Bones 2018 Ride Reports

Re: Roll The Bones ADV Rally IX, October 26-28, 2018

6f30a2cc39b01b0ecbe9cedc78a6d4bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Roll The Bones ADV Rally IX, October 26-28, 2018

Words may be eloquent...but..Pictures speak volumes....

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

e536b7ced4fc2aeb9c06557bfc5d5122.jpg
here is a water crossing below Lake Palo Pinto dam that I crossed yesterday on the pavement route.
Had a great time with a bunch of great guys and gals!
125e870801199fdbc532a27c2270ab88.jpg

My total route 673 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ame="https://youtu.be/4WgSFt3MaNA"]Slow poke'n down Macabee Rd. - Roll the Bones Rally IX - YouTube[/ame]

What a fun time that was. That was my first RTB and I suspect I'll be back for the next one. Despite some minor motorcycle issues, I still had a really good time this weekend.

Dody, Aaron, Rusty, Brian - Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this event to make it such a good one.

James - Thanks for leading us on a fun route Friday morning. I still can't get over how fast you can get that NC700X with street tires going down a dirt road :)

It was really good to meet, chat and ride with so many TWT members this weekend.

Oh and James, thanks for working on my fork seal leak for me. I'm going to order one of those tools today.

Thanks to all who came to make this another RTB history! Special thanks to those that helped with the rally this year: Yardracer, Woodbucther, B Murry, DRZbrian, Gailcallsmecarl, JQ1.0, and MAximusFlavius:chug:

OK guys and gals! Time to start work on RTB X!!! We had Possum Holler full this year and I expect to see RTB grow for next year and don't see the Holler being able to handle the crowd. I would like to find a venue with access to rough roads and maybe single track. I have many nice routes in the San Saba to Brownwood area but no venue. I do not want to wait til last minute to pull this off. It was tough to pull together to do this after my dad died in July and I almost cancelled it but then things came together.

I want to take a poll what weekend in October is best. We typically use the last weekend in October and I have had complaints with families that like to do Halloween stuff. Last year was second weekend and that hurt folks who are divorced and had visitation issues....So give me some feedback!!!

I'd be game for the same next year. Same time, same place.

I'm sure there are plenty of good spots and routes in the Hill Country as well.

Glenwood, Arkansas was pretty fun back in September. MacDaddy had a ton of good routes there. Not sure how big that campground was though where most folks stayed.

Anything out in East Texas? BadTex told me about an East Texas ride he used to do that he wanted to revive. Maybe RTB could use that format.

As the late Ricky Nelson said:

ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself

Late October worked great for me and the weather was outstanding.

Really enjoyed the weekend and meeting new riders! Thanks for all your hard work putting it together.

Back