• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones ADV Rally IX, October 26-28, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m planning to arrive on Thursday, dig in / set up camp/ get my bearing & scout out the area. If I ain’t had enough adventure I may stay until Monday. I’ve been in need of break for a while now.
I’ve been bowed up for months modifying my 2014 DR-Z400S. Just finished wire job tonight: driving lights(custom bracket using Ram Mounts) / USB & 12 volt plugs ( I made a custom bracket to hold all the switches and power ports)/marker lights (custom bracket) (got rid of the reflectors) / head & taillight kill switches /12 volt meter/dielectric grease on all connectors’ / Clutch and kickstand safety switches disabled.
Dog

Last edited:
Reflectors are required for Texas state inspection , good luck with it till somebody catches it . Reflectors incorporated into the marker lenses for front and rear are acceptable but you will still need side reflectors if someone is doing their job right .

I may make it. Plans have changed and we might not go to the wedding in Phoenix as originally planned.

Its a no brainer, you should go if you have the weekend free! Put that little bike behind the big truck and come on up.

If I can get my bike squared away. I'm not off, I'd take a couple days to make a 4 day weekend. I need a camp trip anyway...but probably do a cabin. It's easier to do my hair :mrgreen:

Can someone provide a description of the availability of fuel purchase along the routes? I've never been on to this event and thought it would be useful info for others as well. Haha, I get to test my estimated DRZ fuel range without a fuel gauge! First time to take her out on a rally. Looking forward to it. :rider:

Dang, I'm halfway considering going.

WHERE have you been, gurl? A week doesn't go by that I don't think about bugging you. I assume work has been keeping you hog tied.

How's the bike?

JTand I are still on da fence about RTB, but I'd say there's a fair to middlin chance we will be there.

Would you camp or get a cabin? Possum Hollow is a nice place.

**saw your post and immediately responded-without reading to the bottom. Lol

Be great to see ya there!

Last edited:
Can someone provide a description of the availability of fuel purchase along the routes? I've never been on to this event and thought it would be useful info for others as well. Haha, I get to test my estimated DRZ fuel range without a fuel gauge! First time to take her out on a rally. Looking forward to it. :rider:

There will plenty of fuel stops available.

WHERE have you been, gurl? A week doesn't go by that I don't think about bugging you. I assume work has been keeping you hog tied.

How's the bike?

JTand I are still on da fence about RTB, but I'd say there's a fair to middlin chance we will be there.

Would you camp or get a cabin? Possum Hollow is a nice place.

**saw your post and immediately responded-without reading to the bottom. Lol

Be great to see ya there!

The salt mines have kept me so busy, my whole summer was a bust. I'm thinking cabin. And tonight I'm thinking of going for the trip even if my bike isn't ready...ie I'll fart around at camp or hike or something to entertain myself :lol2:

The salt mines have kept me so busy, my whole summer was a bust. I'm thinking cabin. And tonight I'm thinking of going for the trip even if my bike isn't ready...ie I'll fart around at camp or hike or something to entertain myself :lol2:

Cool! Come anyway-sometimes ya just gotta get away.

Cabin Reserved, Kitchen Pass Valid
Will Register On Site
DangerDad, BigBaby, and Rider43 In !!

Thanks Spirit

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it. We're at minimum at work so no go for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back