• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones ADV Rally IX, October 26-28, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there anyway i can get the route without actually going to the event? I have plans that weekend, but I'd like to ride the route some other time.

is there anyway i can get the route without actually going to the event? I have plans that weekend, but I'd like to ride the route some other time.

They should be floating around after the event. They like to hold them back until closer to the event so the roads don't get ridden heavily right beforehand. Sometimes the roads are public roads through private property or just lesser traveled ones. The event runs smoother if we don't have people blasting down the route the weekend before. In addition, it may be wet this weekend and it would be awesome if we don't put deep, skinny ruts in the roads that will be dry the weekend of the event.

Paid. How do I pay ahead for t-shirt? Or is that in person?

Also, this past year sucked for me, and I am basically at the same skill level I was last year (crappy), and I still don't have a GPS. Anyone willing to let a noob with no navigation who really wants to get their skills up crash their group?

Wayy late to the party, but definitely interested.

Is anyone doing the "Paved Raid"? I'd like to take my lady along for the ride and it'd prolly be best for us to stick to the pavement.

Also, where is the meeting point for startup?

Thanks
Cut

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

For those who can get away early Friday, we will meet in Graham at the Burgers N Billiards for lunch at 1:00, followed by some afternoon riding. We may need a few test monkeys to make a run down Macabee & report conditions.

Maximus,
I will be at the camp Thursday around noonish. I plan the get my camp set up and do some ridding/scouting the area. I would like to meet up Friday eat and do some ridding. If you get free Thursday, my tow rig is a silver 2001 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 with a silver cab high camper shell, pulling single axle 6’x10’ black enclosed trailer.

Dog

Macabee Rd should be drier this year than it was a few years ago

1st Possum Trot ADV Rally Macabee Road - YouTube

Yeah - Y'know how folks say hills in videos were a lot steeper than they look? Well, some of those ruts were a lot deeper than they look. I didn't make it that far; when I met TXJames and SOG coming back I figured it was time to turn around and that was interesting in itself. :lol2:

How does this typically work?

Unofficial rides on Friday, breakfast on Saturday, official rides on Saturday, get together Saturday night. Is that right? Anything on Sunday?

Trying to figure out when to be there and all.

How does this typically work?

Unofficial rides on Friday, breakfast on Saturday, official rides on Saturday, get together Saturday night. Is that right? Anything on Sunday?

Trying to figure out when to be there and all.

That’s correct. Sunday mornin is a leisurely breakfast (if you want, on your own dime) there at Possum Hollow. I’d like to have a quick meeting with anyone who wants to volunteer to help next year.

Then we all say our tearful good byes, maybe a few last snarky remarks, a little grabassery, a few riders bunch up that are ridin back the same direction, & ride for home.

Maximus,
I will be at the camp Thursday around noonish. I plan the get my camp set up and do some ridding/scouting the area. I would like to meet up Friday eat and do some ridding. If you get free Thursday, my tow rig is a silver 2001 3/4 ton Dodge 4x4 with a silver cab high camper shell, pulling single axle 6’x10’ black enclosed trailer.

Dog

I’ll be on the scout for you Thur afternoon.

Just got all signed up and paid! Since it has been raining in Austin forever I have not had a lot of time on my new to me 2016 GSA. I hope to get there midday Friday...but that is like a whole week from now so who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back