• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones Rally - October 13, 14 & 15, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: And So it begins. Registration is now up for RTB 8 at Uncle Gus's Marina and Reso

Sorry to hear that, but glad it's not a worse issue. I can pinch mine with the smallest and silliest motions. My pain usually only lasts a day or two at a time though. Hope yours heals soon.

Re: And So it begins. Registration is now up for RTB 8 at Uncle Gus's Marina and Reso

Not healing, so back surgery next week. Off work 4 weeks, so no RTB for me this year. No driving for at least 2 weeks.

Darn. Sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well.

Not healing, so back surgery next week. Off work 4 weeks, so no RTB for me this year. No driving for at least 2 weeks.

Was in ER last night myself....Thought it was heart but it as dehydration and heat stroke:headbang: Was stomping out a grass fire after working all day and it got the better of me:doh:

Why do ducks have webbed feet? For putting out grass fires.

Why do elephants have flat feet? For putting out burning ducks. :rofl:

Sorry, my childhood came roaring back briefly.

Called in backup for the Rally Raid planning. Do the initials SOG ring a bell? If they do then you know you're in trouble. We set out to bring you something completely different from our last three years in the Lake Whitney area and boy did we succeed! Let's just say that you should mount your big tank for this one!

I'm planning on having it ready for all you rally goers by this weekend. Half-*** Rally Raid will be optional if you lack the fortitude to make it to Mary's. That's right, I said "Mary's." :trust:

_q0qCowW2cAKBmDRbdGppOEyoMSVlLQmvu8ff3_gfBb0WczziJqm5_sOQBFBn739kFj4H_UW6Q4v0_Y=w1920-h1080-rw-no

^^^ Interesting... do you think this route is more geared toward a 1200GS or a KTM 500 EXC?

Correct. The concept is three routes to accommodate all flavors of bikes that might attend this event as follows...
1. Rally Raid - This is the premier big DS route geared towards the larger displacement bikes and the little bikes crazy enough to try it. This will be a blend of the best dirt/gravel roads and paved twisties. You will need to be able to cover big miles for this route.
2. Dirty Raid - This route was added to create a space for all the smaller displacement bikes. It will travel on the most difficult dirt roads and private properties we can find and try to stay off highways as much as possible. It will also have more frequent fuel opportunities for the smaller tanks found on thumpers.
3. Street Raid - A route with pavement only for those who don't want to get dirty.

Called in backup for the Rally Raid planning. Do the initials SOG ring a bell? If they do then you know you're in trouble. We set out to bring you something completely different from our last three years in the Lake Whitney area and boy did we succeed! Let's just say that you should mount your big tank for this one!

I'm planning on having it ready for all you rally goers by this weekend. Half-*** Rally Raid will be optional if you lack the fortitude to make it to Mary's. That's right, I said "Mary's." :trust:

_q0qCowW2cAKBmDRbdGppOEyoMSVlLQmvu8ff3_gfBb0WczziJqm5_sOQBFBn739kFj4H_UW6Q4v0_Y=w1920-h1080-rw-no

You have moved the heavens if you got SOG in on this...I have hit him up several times....IT will be a hoot!!!:chug:

In. Will help out where I can, but on light duty after surgery last week. Put me down for an XXL t-shirt if there are any more available.

Last edited:
We're working feverishly to get the Rally Raid out today! SOG drove the route yesterday and has a glowing report. The Half-*** Raid is a bit of a Loco run but there are some nasty roads, green pastures, and beautiful central TX countryside! Teasers below. The full Rally Raid is mildly insane and can only be accomplished if you're "fit, fueled, and flying low, leave at dawn and get home at dusk" per SOG. But there's plenty of ways to make it back to HQ if you're running low on time.

Veriest fulfilled his end of the bargain and the Dirty Raid is up! Please let me know if anyone wants to write the Dirty Raid turn-by-turns in a more bike friendly version. I have the format already.

Paved Raid has also been uploaded. Get them here: RTB8 Routes

4SVfVE2glNV465fjly-1GjT4DIioVmsh_TyWORa-k2THT9WhlqPIJn7itdxkNb0DgCQ3yLHcmSlO0OFkGSZ7cWAlXrD82kRvbrKYWxo=w720-h960-rw-no

9gSLCiUtHYDQ-vhKxcZX1FRIEp3HFmY4TI0AiXyqKjrgYmRl1gy5OCyBZEnU2NGdMdYWabbauKU6ow8=w960-h720-rw-no

tPM7u7gRFCwxMfGnT-DsdG1EtHNKdTueaFVLvdBUnWGNeAyWEFxJnjuBrqivTkvnntkoIVgCvbY-N_s=w960-h720-rw-no

Things may have gotten a little out of control on the Rally Raid but Mary's CFS never came easy! And this is RTB after all!!!

Rally Raid and turn-by-turns are posted in the RTB8 Routes. Unfortunately multiple maps think there's a gap in one of the roads up near Strawn so there are two RR routes. And one Half-*** route, all in the same gpx. There's also just one TBT that covers both routes.

Get your GPS devices loaded and TBTs printed ahead of time. Be sure to attend the Rider's Meeting Saturday morning if you have questions. There'll be loads of misinformation you won't want to miss.

WXckvZ9VpMydNkGMYi2mVYrMiSd_J82OzO0T0sVC_uAhggUdNB_zIhp0itjVwZg4SnnCv1D8iESN4WMT_eAkkLk32VQmKwo5A4hUvw=w1043-h779-rw-no

Last edited:
Just realized I hadn't registered and did so....I think. I never got a payment screen. If it didn't go through, please let me know and I can send payment via Paypal or bring it whichever suits y'all. Look forward to being there.

Well life has it's detours sometimes. I will not be able to make it this year. Already paid. My mother is scheduled for surgery on Thursday. If anyone wants my spot, I can accept paypal. Dody, I do want to get the t shirt somehow. If we can't figure the logistics on that, maybe you could add it to the auction. Should be worth a fortune since it was destined for me..........

Correct. The concept is three routes to accommodate all flavors of bikes that might attend this event as follows...
1. Rally Raid - This is the premier big DS route geared towards the larger displacement bikes and the little bikes crazy enough to try it. This will be a blend of the best dirt/gravel roads and paved twisties. You will need to be able to cover big miles for this route.
2. Dirty Raid - This route was added to create a space for all the smaller displacement bikes. It will travel on the most difficult dirt roads and private properties we can find and try to stay off highways as much as possible. It will also have more frequent fuel opportunities for the smaller tanks found on thumpers.
3. Street Raid - A route with pavement only for those who don't want to get dirty.

I thought I saw mention of the files for routes being available for download? If I didn't imagine that, where I find those?

Just realized I hadn't registered and did so....I think. I never got a payment screen. If it didn't go through, please let me know and I can send payment via Paypal or bring it whichever suits y'all. Look forward to being there.

I had the same question on payment but just go back to the home page and find the "Pay Now" button. Just scroll down the page until you see it.

If anyone has a spare bed in their cabin, I’m available to share the cost. PM me please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting in on Thur evening and will probably go ride around a bit on Friday. If anyone wants go join let me know- just be forewarned that I don't know the area....

I plan on being back in time for the classes/festivities in the afternoon.

Good to see the northern stuff, would be worth missing some of the closer in to save for Sunday.
Ya'll have fun as I'm stuck not being able to use any wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back