• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ROLL THE BONES RALLY4 TEXAS October 25-27, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Registration is now open for RTB 4.

Registration will be $45 unless paying by PayPal which will be $47. T-shirts will be available for pre order and small quantity of T-shirts will be sold at the Rally for additional cost. RTB will be having a Hospitality event Friday night and catered BBQ(Brisket & Sausage) Supper Saturday included with this years registration. Tent camping is included in Registration

Registration can be done from this website and those wishing to pay by PayPal may do so for a slight increase to cover PayPal fees. Checks can be mailed to my address found on the front page of the site and the registration page.

We are staying at the Little Rocky Creek Lodge just east of Lake Whitney, here is a link to the Little Rocky Creek Lodge:
http://littlerockylodge.com/
For those that came to previous RTB, this will be a change that RTB feels is for the better. Little Rocky Creek Lodge has RV spaces for $30 and is allowing tent campers on the east side near the creek. Tent camping will be first come, first serve on camp spots.

For those wanting to stay at the Little Rocky Creek Lodge, cabins or RV spots, You will need to call RTB(Dody) 254/248-4848 for reservations. RTB had to reserve entire facility to guarantee control of facility. A description of the cabins is on the website. Cabins/Rooms/RV sites may be paid by cash, check or Paypal. These are NOT refundable but can be transferred to another paid attendee with notice to RTB(Dody).

For those seeking inexpensive rooms off site, Bosque Resort on SH 22 is offering rooms for a RTB discount of $55 a night for single, $65 for double or a cabin for $109. This will be about 1 mile from the venue. The Bosque Resort can be reached at 254/622-2223. Website: http://www.bosqueresort.com/lodge.html FULL

Extra Cabins and RV slots at UNCLE Gus's RV/Cabins are running out fast so make your reservations soon!!!
Cabins start at $75 a night, call: 254/ 622-2276

All riders are expected to have motorcycles that are legal and operative in good working order. This is not a led ride. We have logged MANY MILES investigating roads and routes to put this together. Riders will have several routes to choose from ranging from strictly street to pretty treacherous dirt roads. All routes are public roads. Many county roads in this area get rough and are subject to change based on maintenance and weather factors. WATCH FOR ANIMALS!!! Deer claimed 3 riders in our first year, but year two was for the most part accident free. In addition to deer, you might encounter armadillos, rabbits, buzzards, dogs, coyotes, camels, stag, elk, zebra, cows, horses, goats, sheep, ETC...All of these are out to get you...You will also have to watch for rutted roads, trees, tractors, little ol ladies, soccer moms, well you get the point...

All riders MUST sign a release at check in. Check In will begin at 12 noon Friday October 25. Check in times will be 12-2PM and 5-7 on Friday. Saturday check in will be at the Riders meeting starting at 7:30 AM.

Registration will take place from the RTB website:
http://rollthebonesrally.com/Home.php
Be sure to register! PAYPAL DOES NOT REGISTER!
Who's IN???

1) SlowOldGuy
2) Japako
3) Dahveed
4) Schizzman
5) TxJames
6) HasBeen
7) Ghostrider1964
8) CleatusJ
9) CavemanJed
10) Crackerdog
11) DrXRR
12) Yardracer
13) AndrewT
14) Misbehavin
15) Mr Yardracer
16) Camilo
17) Veriest1
18) Scobib
19) Scobib pops
20) Garfey
21) BigDaveGS
22) Solorider
23) Terrapinneck +1
24) Zephyr
25) C4nuck
26) Shadysmurf
27) Woodbutcher
28) Hodee
29) Echo_four_romeo
30) Iomeade
31) Single Speed
32) Tex76
33) Hail
34) Danimal
35) Mr2Mch
36) AZ_dustin
37) JBA797
38) TxBear55
39) Simmons+1
40) Darth
41) KamiLeeR
42) LYNRYD
43) Beckreit
44) BAH650
45) Fishin33
46) Hail
47) TheRoss
48) DRZBRI
49) Tex_Tbone
50) Gailcallsmecarl
51) Ulybrad
52) Mtnbikeboy+1
53) SpiritRider
54) Nocturnalist
55) AJvanderlee
56) D-Man
57) Charrito
58) Grigby
59) Gtowntom
60) Trashysquid
61)
62)
63)
64)
65)
66)
67)
68)
69)
70)

The way this year is looking so far on routes, I'd say that 90-100 gets you done on every route and certainly on the dirtiest. I'll say this for sure, there will be a dirty route drawn with a 90 mile bike in mind.

The most far-flung routes will as usual be the Paved Raid and the Rally Raid. I still have hopes of having the Raids running pretty far northwest but they are more drawn for big bikes.

All of the above are just random ditherings of a fellow attendee who just happens to be local-ish. YMMV, mine certainly does.

We try to keep routes so that fuel is available within 100 miles. We are small bike friendly or fuel hog friendly

Considering it, but I'll be riding the IBA the following week, then I'll be in Austin again for F1...maybe too many trips south...

never been to somethign like this.. but i checked out the site.. sounds super fun...
if only i had my own DS bike..
a boy can dream... i guess i shall live vicariously through you all...

I have a friend from Mexico City wanting to ride up. Anyone else from Mexico heading this way that he could tag along with?

There will be several other street riders too.

it will be considered....and would depend if my schedule works out... not sure yet on that aspect
still think id have more fun with something that can do the offroad side of things...
how long is the ride? i didnt see any time/distances listed....

There are several different routes from a couple hundred plus on the longer DS. I believe the paved raid last time was closer to 3 hundred. But any can be broke off from at any time as these are more self led by small groups.

I will register in the ALL PAVED group.

From mobile

Last edited:
I'm in. Well, almost in. Just need to register...

How much camping space is there? It's hard to tell since the satellite view has lots of trees. Only the open area or is there space under the trees?

I'm in. Well, almost in. Just need to register...

How much camping space is there? It's hard to tell since the satellite view has lots of trees. Only the open area or is there space under the trees?

We figure room for 50-60 tents before crowding..room under trees too...

Registered and paid. Will be tent camping for sure...or maybe in a hammock. We will see what I can scrounge up from the camping box in storage.

never been to somethign like this.. but i checked out the site.. sounds super fun...
if only i had my own DS bike..
a boy can dream... i guess i shall live vicariously through you all...

I'll provably spen mos t of my time on the pavemnent...

Tapatalk 4...now without spellcheck!

Several street only riders come each year. I can't recall one leaving dissatisfied with our street routes.

In other news, checking the in board we have folks from all over Texas, Arkysaw, and Alabama. We even have folks from foreign countries like "Austin" and "Houston". A big hearty welcome to Texas, y'all.

Registered and Paid

Dody when is the best time to call you about a Cabin?

Are the dirt rides "dirt noob" friendly?

Mikey. People have rolled up the day of the event. I don't recommend that this year.

And none of our dirt roads are that tough. Some of the groups riding them are a little "sketchy". ;)

Are the dirt rides "dirt noob" friendly?

It's all public roads so you should be good to go unless Mudclod takes people some place I've never seen. 99.9% can be ran on a loaded Weestrom with a skid plate.

Sent from my HTC using magic.

RTB is not a race. It is just an opportunity to find some adventure in our backyard. There is a group and a route for everybody.

Yeah. There are people who show up every year and, to be blunt, they ride too fast. Slow down, people! Be better people! RTB cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back