• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ROLL THE BONES RALLY4 TEXAS October 25-27, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess a group passed my house today. Remember a group of about 3, Suzuki in the lead and somebody wearing a bright yellow helmet, lol.

Passed by as I was getting ready to ride out. My dad stopped and talked another group just up the road from the house also.

Wish I coulda caught y'all.

a7a6yqy7.jpg

8eqeze4u.jpg

a5u8e7uh.jpg

3yrasuhe.jpg

Big fun. Big fun. Big fun. This young man rode in from Ottawa by way of Seattle.

Reposting here for those not on ADV-----------------------------

Pre-staged and ready to scramble:

001_zps09f337b7.jpg

Breakfast of champions (BK) with TWT Echo_four_romeo:

003_zpse7c954c8.jpg

Wilkommen in casa de la depthfinder yo!

007_zps9cf4246f.jpg

Dignified defiance is for old french films, barcalounger!

010_zpsd980da4d.jpg

Get some sand in your cam

023_zps0e56c00f.jpg

I spent all morning wondering if/which noob was going to eat it. Apparently, that was me. Bad F'n Juju! Just a few miles into the rib run, my weekend skidded to a dusty violent halt:

029_zpsd43d6bfe.jpg

Dismayed but alive, continued with the non RIB activities. :rofl

035_zpsa7606724.jpg

The ADV sticker stands for Alcohol Delivery Vehicle :deal

037_zpsf63734cf.jpg

Perhaps the only photographic evidence surviving of the great barcalounger 1.0 cover-up.

040_zps00185084.jpg

Wear your lid. I didn't even know I hit my head until I saw this. I don't care who you are, that would have gone from "**** I'm sore" to "this box is stuffy but that's a nice harp you've got there."

041_zpsf24e5121.jpg

I'm beat up, but zero abrasions. Pretty good for doing a horizontal triple lutz, but not sticking the landing.

MANY MANY MANY Thanks to everyone who was there to make sure I was safe and then torture me with laughter afterward. I had a blast for only riding 10 miles :lol3 Every person I met, or re-met, was top notch. Who was the campfire dude who was trying to diagnose my injuries by the number of times I spun? He prescribed me tequila and ben-gay :lol3 and said the liquor store had to take my insurance under obamacare.

Glad you are home and in one piece. How damaged is your bike?

Sent from my Droid
Please excuse any typos

Bar end, mirror, grips, bar mounts bent, forks need realigned, shifter snapped off, scuffing on pegs,bars,frame, exhaust and every left hand body piece. No leaks or damage to any expensive or structural parts. In other words, "It'll buff out"

It went straight down and stayed there apparently. I got the bouncy ride lol.

I'm going to forego the idea of a strom as a dual purpose bike and move it to street and rough road duty only. Looking for a 250-400ish true dirt bike to fix up and plate for this kind of crap. Even when it isn't rough stuff, I really like being on a light bike.

No joke. I did 300 miles of blacktop today and had great day.

2 Tenere s bought it today. One hit a monster pot hole and busted the sump, and one supposedly got buried almost up to the bars in mud.

Sent from my Droid
Please excuse any typos

Got home around 8:30 this evening with a nice light show in the sky and some ran. Had a great time meeting new friends and eating great food. Thanks to Doty, Ginger and the whole crew for doing a great job putting this all together. This was my first RTB and I'll be back for more. My "Gezzer Wing" had fun too I think and I might need to change my handle to Lynyrd Flywing since CDC called me Flywing! Thanks to Rod and Rusty also for leading us on some great roads and thanks for letting me "hijack" your ride Rusty and sharing some roads with ya'll. Be Blessed everyone. looking forward to pictures camera phone people...:rider::eat:

The other Super Ten casualty was Shannon. Bad wash across a bad gravel road created a bad situation for the Tenere .

lol That's good work right there Colby. Big spirit shown by you throughout. Glad we got to spend some quality time together albeit under unfortunate circumstances.

Next time I'm trailering, renting a cabin, and bringing the Mrs and little man. Too much time on the ground this go-'round between tent and crashing. See y'all next year.

I had a great time. I would like to extend my thanks to all the organizers and staff for putting on a quality event.

I will definitely be back next year. Next year I am bringing the DRZ though!

DSC02923_zps8d2870df.jpg

Dody's great home made salsa.
DSC02922_zpsab96d416.jpg

DSC02924_zps869fdbc1.jpg

Fantastic home made beer.
DSC02926_zpsce1a8604.jpg

DSC02932_zpsb65ed9f9.jpg

Even the Butterflys wanted to ride.
DSC02939_zps400789bf.jpg

Front wheel grabbed a hard rut in the trail and instant flip.
DSC02941_zpsbd467198.jpg

DSC02942_zpsed449c7b.jpg

DSC02944_zps126cfae2.jpg

DSC02946_zps55d0d3c5.jpg

Up on two wheels.
DSC02950_zpsc545e917.jpg

DSC02951_zpsb34ad718.jpg

DSC02952_zpscedde472.jpg

DSC02955_zps5a012b58.jpg

DSC02956_zps10d78643.jpg

DSC02957_zpsc543ef30.jpg

Long lonesome highway.
DSC02962_zpsd3c082b7.jpg

I love small town Texas. Bank building.
DSC02964_zpsb7760ad2.jpg

DSC02965_zpsb40d36d4.jpg

Main street- any small town, Texas. I love it.
DSC02966_zps053de641.jpg

Bonfire Friday night.
DSC02968_zpsea0a53c1.jpg

This was my first ride with RTB and had a good time for sure! Here is a short clip of the only video worth sharing. We ended up 1st on this section of the Dirty and ran into the downed tree. Took a few min to get the bypass cleared out and on we went. Hope everyone found the trail..

[ame="http://vimeo.com/77940264"]Roll The Bones 2013 on Vimeo[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back