• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Romaniacs Day One....The GOAT

Reaction score
First Name
David
Looks like the GOAT (Graham Jarvis) of Extreme Enduro is on top after day 1. This is some of the most incredibly difficult riding in the world.

I love watching him ride. Like most people that are exceptionally good at what they do, he just makes it loo SOOOO easy.

Yes it's amazing to watch. Those guys are on a whole other level than I. You gotta be real good to find any enjoyment in that riding. To challenge one's self is the reason I suppose.

Yes it's amazing to watch. Those guys are on a whole other level than I. You gotta be real good to find any enjoyment in that riding. To challenge one's self is the reason I suppose.

I don't do THAT kind of riding, but with any of the activities I enjoy, it is about trying to do it well in the smoothest and most efficient manner. I try to use as little energy as possible when riding. I try to use as little movement. I try to use the best lines. Etc... Watch the end of race interviews with guys like Graham and they look tired, but not WHOOPED like the hundreds of riders they left behind... Their ability lets them use as little physical energy as possible while getting the most out of the bike and letting it do the work. That is what makes them such a joy to watch. I see the same thing in many other sports, not just motorcycling.

Yes I agree 100% to all of that. I've been around some guys like that, MXers, sports athletes etc... I'm always amazed of what talents they have. I do believe most were born with "a gift " but chose to work hard to benefit from it. I also know one very personally that chose not to put in the hard work to capitalize on his gift of a 98 mph fastball and being drafted right out of HS. Hard to watch honestly, but the guy is a freak of nature athletically still today at 46ish years old. He can still do things with ease that are truly mind blowing to see.

Amazed with how plush their forks are working. Yeah, how they get traction on those dirt climbs is pure magic. Another thing with these guys is their tenacity. Watch some of Cody Webb's vids...the guy just never stops trying.

When you watch these guys it really gives some perspective on how tough these guys and the bikes really are.

Check out how soft their mousse insets are in the their rear tires. They have to run 13mm knob height tires on the rear, so they make up for the short knobs with really gummy tires and really soft mousse inserts, probably the equivalent of four or five pounds psi.

Graham drills one inch holes in his rear bib. The tires, even though the knobs are smaller actually grip rocks better, not so much in the dirt. When you ride with him in Malaga, he will be up early in the AM changing his bibs. He rates all the trails as Gold. Silver and Bronze. He loves to ride. Training for him is fun. You can ride in the streets in Malaga. Its pretty cool.
Malaga Spain is so dry compared to most of the terrain he Races in. Maybe its the olives!

Back