• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RRMT Riding Plans

haha enough potty talk. yes you have to be a member to use the shower facilities, but the water hose is outside... not sure who the bathroom nazi was... worse case fill your trailer tank before you leave home.

We will be at RRMT this weekend.. have a new toy to break in before the Arkansas trip...
KTM250xcfw_zps9354d2f6.jpg

Ok, ladies and um gent... guys.
I begged and pleaded with the family that owns RRMT and have arranged for HALF-PRICE memberships for you all!!!!
$25 buys the membership which gets you half price entry per day. For those with trailers, it also allows you to reserve an electric spot of you want. Although we didn't run the generator except for lights. It was 52 degrees yesterday morning. Give em a call at the main number on the site. I will post it up here later today, have it out in my truck. Let them know if you are coming up Friday eve ($5 for no riding just camping) or Saturday early (if you are staying in motel in Muenster).
This also gives you bathroom and shower privileges.

I'm I the best organizer or what?!?!?!?
actually the memberships go half price in July every year:rofl:

Quote of the day was "Whooooo, this thing goes when you tell it to!" The whole group heard the "whoo" through the speakers in my helmet... Deb also managed her first wheelie! Not intended of course, but no ill effects... next the stoppie!

She loved it! No looking back. No regrets in selling the TTR but she did say she was glad to have started on the smaller bikes as this one really is "ready to race" :rider::eek2:

I've got a few plans for the 250 though, to help her with the different engine characteristics coming from the TTR. Gonna take the map switch off the 500 and try it on the 250 for the mild map, don't think it works on the 500 ecu anyway, at least I can't tell the difference, +2 rear sprocket(13/52), and if that doesn't do the trick, heavier flywheel. I think she will get used to it needing to be revved a bit more to start and climb until she naturally speeds up.

I hopped on it too :lol2::rider::twisted::party: It is one sweet little machine! It has so little engine breaking compared to the 500 it almost felt like it had a Rekluse already. Only clutched to shift not to avoid a stall like slow going on the 500.
Very pleased, BUT it is a cold natured beast at start up ?? Is the pipe plugged up even on offroad only models? I expected it on the EXC...

the xcw or exc?

500exc had tps adjusted, desmog, euro map loaded, can uncorked.
xcw is stock, i asked over on the ktm thumper thread and got a lot back about the hydraulic cct. it ticks quite a bit and then flames out. takes quite a bit to warm up. with the 500 i hit the starter once and that's it.

My initial thoughts were TPS due to experience with EXC but it wasn't cold natured ever. I'm gonna try the TPS adjustment, and I'll shoot him a PM. Thanks, I have seen that handle mentioned over there on KTMT.
James mentioned the stuffed up pipe on his 250 SX he had before the 350EXC.
I just assumed the XCFW was pure offroad and not corked up...hopefully the TPS will help. Also, seems to run fine once warmed up.

I'm out. After doing a face plant a couple of weeks ago, I suffered a mild concussion and they ran a MRI on my knoggin. They found out I have a small growth on the top of my brain that they're going to have more tests run on. Looks like nothing serious although the Dr doesn't want me bouncing my head around until they get the results back. He said about 3~5 weeks come back and see him.

SO, that leaves me sitting on the sidelines for this trip. Dang it! I was really looking forward to riding up there with all ya'll too. :argh:

Get a second opinion, that small growth may be the brain

All kidding aside take care and call anytime you need help

I'm out. After doing a face plant a couple of weeks ago, I suffered a mild concussion and they ran a MRI on my knoggin. They found out I have a small growth on the top of my brain that they're going to have more tests run on. Looks like nothing serious although the Dr doesn't want me bouncing my head around until they get the results back. He said about 3~5 weeks come back and see him.

SO, that leaves me sitting on the sidelines for this trip. Dang it! I was really looking forward to riding up there with all ya'll too. :argh:

any law against guarding the camp & keeping the fire burning & the coffee hot?

Bill mentioned your recent off and bumpity bump. Sorry to hear you won't be joining us this go round. We're up there quite often. Also need to come down to Crooked Creek again soon. We have set in motion plans to come down to Hidden Falls over new years again. Requested the days off today. Friday through the 1st of Jan. It was great weather last time. Also need to visit Zars and Barnwell mtn soon too.

Wait, so what weekend is everyone planning on being out there again? October is typically a pretty rough month at work, but I might be able to make one day out of the weekend.

Wait, so what weekend is everyone planning on being out there again? October is typically a pretty rough month at work, but I might be able to make one day out of the weekend.

Plan is for weekend of 18-20th. We will go up on Friday (half day at work). If the weather is cool enough for no A/C, we will boondock, if too warm for dogs in trailer with no A/C we will reserve an electric site in main area. Have two more coming for sure that went with us to Ark, Dirk and Tanya. They are regulars and know the place better than anyone I know. We will most likely hit Bills woods, but Dirk mentioned that no one is doing trail maintenance in there anymore and its getting rough. He knows all of the old enduro courses and takes us on some great routes. I can't wait. New tires shipped today, new grips tomorrow, and an oil change some time this weekend and I will be ready to go.

Back