• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RRMT Riding Plans

Jqueen, I'll be there too. I'll be w/2 other guys in a lifted black F150 and a trailer, my back window has a fox head, Yamaha, Honda & Huqvarna sticker (long story) My bike is a husky no316, another guy on a yz250 2 smoker no41 and another guy on a husaberg no number. Should be there by 9 at the latest. We park at the open pavilions. Also a couple of guys from TT forum will be there...meeting them for the first time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like I'll be there with a couple of experienced riders and a beginner. red Ford Flex with a trailer if you want to meet up.

I think we were parked at the pavilion right next to you, we hung around a little after lunch to see if you came around, but the guys wanted to hit the trails.

We met your son...young man on a Honda?

I think we were parked at the pavilion right next to you, we hung around a little after lunch to see if you came around, but the guys wanted to hit the trails.

We met your son...young man on a Honda?

Yep, I think we just missed each other - too much time on the bikes, not enough sitting around..

Jacob isn't quite up to many of the trails yet, but he's been dying to come to Red River, so we'd ride with him up and down the river for a while and then go on a grown up ride, then watch him on the kid's track, etc. He mentioned that he talked to you guys - It'd be nice if he didn't talk quite so much, but that's all part of getting out there..

Yep, I think we just missed each other - too much time on the bikes, not enough sitting around..

Jacob isn't quite up to many of the trails yet, but he's been dying to come to Red River, so we'd ride with him up and down the river for a while and then go on a grown up ride, then watch him on the kid's track, etc. He mentioned that he talked to you guys - It'd be nice if he didn't talk quite so much, but that's all part of getting out there..

Yep, had to keep moving to keep warm, let me know next time you're going.

He's a good kid, no bother to us...it's about bikes, dirt and making new friends.

Is it members only on New Years?

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

I was out there today. Day started off with me dropping the bike off the trailer, then dropping the bike several times in bills woods,then flying off the bike and landing on the rocks and finally getting stuck in the quick sand right next to the parking lot and having a quad winch me out.
Many thanks to @07_919 Steve for helping me through it all.
Bike has some damage and the mud had crusted but the washing will have to wait till tomorrow.
Still was awesome

Went out there yesterday and was fairly disappointed if I must say. Besides the higher cost of entry, there are now quite a few trails that have been bulldozed to 12' wide. Fences have been cut in places by visitors, and there were discarded beer cans a plenty all over the property. Where we setup for the day we had to hear someone's rendition of what they called music blasting from their souped up sound system on their SxS.

All in all, I don't know what my extra money is going towards other than to help bulldoze trails to help entice more side by sides to come out and throw more beer cans out all over the trails.

That bites... Because we need someone to show us around on the 19th mostly bills woods area
I might be willing to ride the 19th. I don't know my way as well as dfw warrior but I can find Bill's Woods and I can find my way back to camp..

I might be willing to ride the 19th. I don't know my way as well as dfw warrior but I can find Bill's Woods and I can find my way back to camp..

Heck, y'all give me way too much credit. Just because I happen upon decent trails while lost and then eventually stumble on one I know, doesn't mean I know my way around!

I will see about the 19th but I may be working that weekend.

From the ride over gate at bills woods you stay to the right you will see a trail going up the bank.... if you follow that you come back to the creek you started in. Follow the trail back toward the gate and you will see it hang a right into the woods. Several times you will come to the fence line along the road. Turn back toward the woods.... Halfway though the trail you should hit a road. There will be a gate (should be open) back toward the woods to the right. Take that. you will cross a road a couple times. It will loop all the way around and dump you in a field. Take the fence line back down to the to the ride over gate. There are several spots to bail out at the fence or at the field. The trail is pretty strait forward. IIRC its between 20 and 25 miles total in there.

If you need directions to the ride over gate at the creek I can tell you as well. I'd love to show you around if I'm in.... about a 3.5 hr drive for me now if you let me know when your coming.

Last edited:
Tech51 and I are meeting Budzrex in Dallas around 1 pm Friday for the SX races in Arlington Saturday. We might ride RRMT on Sunday. I'd like to try RRMT but was wondering if the riding is worth it. We'll try and post up Saturday if we think we're going to make it.

RR is one of best areas around as is Barnwell. You will likely have fun there. Find bills woods if you like single track without the worry of ATVS or SXS
Plenty of stuff outside bills woods though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
On of thr best areas around as is Barnwell. You will likely have fun there. Find bills woods if you like single track without the worry of ATVS or SXS
Plenty of stuff outside bills woods though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

Barnwell is definitely on the list to go to as well. So far our plans for it haven't worked out though. :argh:

Back