• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: RTE Saturday 3/1 State Hwy 4

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Bowman
Hello fellow Two Wheeled Texans,

State Hwy 4 has been on my radar for some time and with the advent of some really nice weather this weekend :sun: I'm going to explore State Hwy 4 on Saturday 3/1.

Meetup place is at RPM Cycle at 14000 N Stemmons Fwy, Farmers Branch with KSU at 8am sharp.

The route goes south to Cleburne where we pick up State Hwy 4 and ride through Granbury, Lipan, Santo, Palo Pinto, Graford and roll in Jacksboro for lunch. :eat:

Entire route is about 4 hours and mileage is approx. 178 miles.

After lunch everyone can head for home via whatever route is best for them.

Would love to have some suggestions on great food in Jacksboro - haven't stopped there to eat yet so I'd love your suggestions.

I might try to intercept you guys in Granbury. FM 4 is pretty fun. Best part's from Santo to Palo Pinto although pavement is getting a little sketchy on that part.

Eats in Jacksboro, probably most notable would be Herd's Hamburgers, it's a multiple generation family owned stand just north of the courthouse on 281.

I just might be up for it my self. I'll check beck tomorrow evening and post back to confirm or opt out. I'd like to get a little ride in while the weather is nice and a little drive like that is just about perfect, plus I've been looking to try out some of the ergo changes I have made on my 919. I'm kind of familiar with the location but on the West side of that area because I always go to Bates #2. I just never noticed a bike shop over on the other side. Might have to cruise by tomorrow and eyeball it for reference. Unless the Google maps address is just taking it to a spot a little further south than where it actually is. I probably know the place you are talking about though.

Thanks One Wolf for the info on Herd's Hamburgers - sounds like a great place.

Hi rpcraft, they are located on the north bound service road of I-35 just south of Valwood.

Depending on how many are coming and where ya'll are coming from we can even change the starting point to something more convenient if needed.

Yeah I remembered, the are on the other side of Dream cycles, I just couldn't remember the name. When I originally googled the address it put Streetman a little farther north, over by where the mattress place is. I thought I remembered their being a bike shop there, then I saw the KTM sign and started salivatiing.... I love me some orange crush... LOL

I just checked over Hornet, made some adjustments I have been putting off, checked the tires, changed the oil, oiled the chain, and checked my signals. Should be ready to go for Saturday. I just think it might be cooler in the morning so even though spring is coming I might swing by Cycle World tomorrow and get me some of those pants that are adventure bike oriented. I've been dodging cold spots because I have not really had anywhere to go lately. I'm just off the BG in the Trinity Mills area so that is a great spot to start for me. If we need to relocate it that would be fine as well.

Sounds good - we're a go for RPM Cycles Sat morning at 8am and yes it will be in the 40's so dress warmly.

I was trying to also post this to the DFW Rat Pack on Meetup.com but Meetup.com is having a massive denial of service attack all day today so I haven't been able to post it yet. Perhaps we'll get some more riders once I post it there too.

See ya'll Saturday

I might consider this, but I do want to be back at RPM for the event they're having. I might just walk out with a new bike!

The Green Frog gets great reviews, as does Herds Hamburgers just down the street. We can decide when we get there. Herd's does not take credit cards so please bring cash just in case.

I might consider this, but I do want to be back at RPM for the event they're having. I might just walk out with a new bike!

I'm in the same boat. I'll be there for the event that starts at 10:30. Any other day I would ride with you without question. :rider:

I hear ya JC - RPM's going to have a great event tomorrow. I only get to ride every other Saturday or I'd be right there with you.

Still on? about what time will you be in the Acton - Granbury area? 10:00 ish?

That was a tank of dead dinosaurs well spent. Let’s go faster next time. :rider:

Robert and James, glad you could both make it. That is a fun stretch of road. James, since you know the roads, we'll let you lead next time so we can really step it up.

Glad we got to ride, visit and eat before winter arrives tomorrow.

It was great fun and a great time. Really enjoyed meeting up with you guys and seeing something different than the flat top we get stuck with in the city. I'm pretty much always up to jump on the road and and do something.

Back