• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RUDE Pine on the Westside

my6

Reaction score
First Name
David
Joel "RollingJ" joined me and my "Old Crew" for a day of fun filled exercise yesterday on the Westside. We made it across 1375 to a sandy 3rd and 4th gear straight where Joel made contact with a root and ended up hitting a pine tree that was VERY close to the trail. I'm told we were below where my pointer is on the green trail where the 204 is on the bottom of the pic, give or take a smidgen. He broke his left thumb and suffered a SOLID Concussion. He's now home and gonna need some time to heal up.

Attachments

• 20220919_103749.jpg
    20220919_103749.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Gee Whiz, sorry to see this. Right when the weather is close to getting better. And he was trying to get a few group rides going to the Claiborne area also. Both those injuries can be problematic, adequate time to fully heal is crucial. Bummer!

This is going to be the end of my riding 'career'.

I'm a little sad about it, but not too much.

I've been pushing boundaries long enough. It's time to settle down and focus on finding the things that bring my wife and I closer together.

I'll have a few bikes up for sale shortly.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the accident. Just prayed for Joel's healing. I gave up sportbike riding around 2004 after three concussions and a doctor saying it "is time to do something different".

Dang, sorry to hear that, Joel. Just keep in mind though, I've "retired" from riding a couple times before too, but managed to come out of retirement soon after. Don't be too hasty on selling them is all I'm saying.

Dang, sorry to hear that, Joel. Just keep in mind though, I've "retired" from riding a couple times before too, but managed to come out of retirement soon after. Don't be too hasty on selling them is all I'm saying.

Agreed, I've known many who get hurt or whatever and decide to sell too quickly. Heal up and wait few months before making a decision.

Ride to have fun, no need to keep pushing boundaries.

Totally agree with Wick. Give it some time brother...

No shame in devoting your time to something both you and your wife can do together and enjoy. We only have so much time in our days. It seems like one of the few things my wife and I get to do together is go to church. The rest of time time I am either working or she is hauling kids around. I will say though, it is time well spent.

So sorry to hear Joel. Heal up. I finally figured a way to spend some time with the family.
Every summer we go to Silverton, CO and ride our RZR in the mountains. It is a once a year expedition but well worth it. Something you might consider.
colorado.jpg

As of now, I'm done.

I was traveling at 29kph, or 18mph, when I came to a sudden stop.
"as of now" I see a glimmer of hope there! I sure was looking forward to you're planned trips to Claiborne. Whatever the outcome I hope it all works out for you and the family. :thumb:

Reactions: my6
those roots plot with the pines and sand and mud to take out unsuspecting riders and remind them of who's forest they are guests in. Heal quickly and do what you have to do.

Reactions: my6
Back