• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

S1000XR MODIFICATION SUGGESTIONS!

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Irons
To any and all S1000XR owners, what are some modifications that you have made to your bikes, specifically for touring and light off roading. Tires, crash bars, auxiliary lighting, footpegs, etc. I bought mine back in February. It already had a radiator guard, Alt Rider skid plate, a Corbin seat, Akrapovic exhaust, GIVI case racks(no panniers), a GIVI 42L top case, and a wider kickstand foot. I added ROX risers, and heavier bar ends (the vibration at 65 was giving my hands pins and needles.) I have an oil cooler guard and some wider foot pegs on the way. Looking to get some more aggressive tires to replace the Q3's on there. I've been looking at Continental Trail Attack 3's and Pirelli STR Rally's. Both have great reviews, and are still very good street tires, and anything should be better on dirt/gravel/sand than these Q3's.

You can't see them really well, but I add the sw-motec engine guards plus some MFW footpegs that come off of them for when I want to stretch my feet (twisted throttle). You can see I have the Givi side mounts like you and I added the cases also. I also have the VStream mid-sized sport touring windscreen. No offroading for me. I have since added a Sargent seat and replaced both the brake and clutch levers with adjustable PIUG levers. Being female, I find the clutch on this bike really hard to reach. I am so glad for the quick shift option on the bike. I forgot to add I have the radiator and oil cooler guards also along with the wider sidestand plate.

Future mods: I want to get this Cobra exhaust. The Akropovic is a bit too pricey for me and it looks as big as the stock one. https://www.cobraexhaust.de/COBRA-Hypershots-Motorcycle-Exhaust_2

I am thinking of getting some Denali lights from Clearwater. They have a mount that goes right below the beak with no drilling required. I had those same lights on my RT and really loved the visibility. I am in San Antonio and Tim Duncan has an XR also. It is cool looking at the bike. Imagine a seat that is level from the middle of the tank all the way back to the tail. It is like a seat you would see on an R9T. It looks goofy, but I am sure it is the only way he can sit comfortably on the bike. He has the larger Clearwater lights on the beak. Those I am sure give off a ton more light if you want to ride offroad at night.

The Akro exhaust is long, but doesn't stick out much. It is loud though. Very aggressive. Caught some funny looks from some full on crotch rockets lol. Yeah, I've also looked at the Clearwater lights. They're very proud of their stuff. Not ready to pull the trigger on $700 lights just yet.

I really don't ride offroad much either, but the little I have has been fun, minus the fact that I'm riding on "track tires." And yes, the quick shifter is probably my favorite part of the bike. Not as smooth two up though. But maybe it's because my riding style changes with a passenger.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back