• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saddelbags

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
I just put on my bags. I havn't read anywhere that I remember about the factory bags (except for the mega-thread - Post 3414 Page 171) so here's my experiences on putting on the side and top mounts.

Use blue thread lock on everything! Directions are on all three sheets that you'll need to decode..............
Take the rear passenger peg bolts out and loosen the fronts. Make sure your can is cool enough to touch.
Take the grab rail off. Take the blinkers off. They route up behind your tool kit. Just need to take the 8mm bolt off and unplug.
Intall the top rack w/o the rear bolt (old grab rail location) since it will have a spacer and will mount the side racks. It'll be mounted w/ the 2 rear passenger pegs bolts and the forward bolts from the grab rail location.
Use parts to cap off your old blinker locations unless your flush mounting them.
Loosely install the side racks starting with the middle, the front, and then install the spaced out rear and torque it down, then torque the other two bolts.
Remove/replace the front rear pegs and use a spacer washer on the backside so it'll stay aligned w/ the spaced out rear (due to the side racks).
Install back bar that connects the two side racks.
I recommend waiting on using the plastic caps on the bolt heads so you can recheck the torque after a few miles - up to you.
Cuse, cuse some more because now they want you to tuck your blinkers out through the rear taillight - how cheap and gaudy looking.
Install blinkers on side mounts.
Recuse the tucking of the blinker leads. Tuck blinker leads under taillight or be creative but hook 'em up so you'll have blinky blinks.
Wait a couple of hours or overnight for the thread lock to work. You can mount and un mount the bags a few times to stay amuzed and dream of cargo carrying.
Mount bags and enjoy ride.
Ride to mountains and BUST some unsuspecting sportbikes a new one.
Ride home laughing and gestering as you ride w/ your head getting thrown back and forth from laughter as you relieve that moment when the Gixxer caught up and asked...what is that???

It's a K8 Bandit of course, 'nough said........Tell the wife the story and watch her roll her eyes.

Just like the musclecar eras of the 50's, 60's, and early 70's.

You GOTTA love a sleeper.

Here's a vid of Georgia Highway 180 going from Blood MTN towards Wolf Pen Gap Road. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2PjIF0PCY

Attachments

• 1250 Rear Postable.JPG
    1250 Rear Postable.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 336
  • 1250 saddelbags2.jpg
    1250 saddelbags2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 336
Here are some pics

Attachments

• Suzuli Bandit K8 GSF 1250 SA Luggage REAR 2.JPG
    Suzuli Bandit K8 GSF 1250 SA Luggage REAR 2.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 320
  • Left Side 1250 Bandit.JPG
    Left Side 1250 Bandit.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Racks for Suzuli Bandit K8 GSF 1250 SA Luggage 011.jpg
    Racks for Suzuli Bandit K8 GSF 1250 SA Luggage 011.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 286
More pictures from myself and others

Attachments

• Deam House 500 on 10-4-08 027.jpg
    Deam House 500 on 10-4-08 027.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Blinker Option Afterwards.jpg
    Blinker Option Afterwards.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 273
  • Blinker Option 2.jpg
    Blinker Option 2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 263
GA Bandit - appreciate the insight into the bag install as mine just arrived (woo hoo) and are pending some quality time with me this weekend :)

any insight into blinker location options (the pic with them mounted near the plate light looks very interesting) ??

buddy of mine took my bandit out for spin and the next day found one in N.C. and bought it - so now there are 2 more bandits in N Ga. :)

we've done a ride to boone, nc via blueridige parkway and hwy 129 :rider: , across the cherohola skyway (both great rides) and spin over to barber motorsports park to break-in the bikes

Would there be anyway to pull the turn-signal wires back and and route them under the seat and follow along the rack mount? You could use a bit of black tape to hold them in place and hide them a bit. I haven't bought my Bandit yet, so can't look at one.

GA Bandit - appreciate the insight into the bag install as mine just arrived (woo hoo) and are pending some quality time with me this weekend :)

any insight into blinker location options (the pic with them mounted near the plate light looks very interesting) ??

buddy of mine took my bandit out for spin and the next day found one in N.C. and bought it - so now there are 2 more bandits in N Ga. :)

we've done a ride to boone, nc via blueridige parkway and hwy 129 :rider: , across the cherohola skyway (both great rides) and spin over to barber motorsports park to break-in the bikes

Thanks, I hope it helps. What year banditos? Did you get the sides, top, or both? Have you raised the seat (if you want another inch that is)? It's easy and works! What part of ATL?

You'll have to look through the mega thread to see who posted the "optional locations". I think all he did was take the middle part out (which falls apart after you take that nut off the inside). Wiring hook-ups are in the tail behind the tool kit and easy to trace. I've known people who didn't like the prescribed location that I used and drilled a hole and used either a groumlet or a dab of silicone. The prescribed location slids easily under the taillight cover and isn't as bad to me as I thought it would be.

I've grown accustomed to mine the way they are and work well with the bags on but I am going to buy some LED or Strobe flush mounts to put in the original location as additional lights so I'll have two sets..

Would there be anyway to pull the turn-signal wires back and and route them under the seat and follow along the rack mount? You could use a bit of black tape to hold them in place and hide them a bit. I haven't bought my Bandit yet, so can't look at one.

Don't quite understand. The wires have a pass through hole under the tail (an actual hole on each side) that the wires go through to hook up behind the tool kit. If you place the wires at the bottom of the rear lens they will slide through the original pass through holes. Now, I know a guy that drilled some holes and put a groumlet and a dab of silicone but he fiddled with them and did something similar to option two above.

Did I make that too confusing?

black tape badddddd, if all else black duct tape gooodddd:)

Looked very hard at the PLX cases and a top case from Givi for my bike yesterday. But, just could not do it. ;-( Ordered a Nelson Rigg soft setup of rear bag and side bags from New Enough. Just can't forget almost breaking my leg on my R1150GS on the left rear bag trying to save the bike in a slide on a dirt road. Been doing soft luggage ever since.
But love the set up for touring. Was neat running down the highways and byways having the side cases and tail trunk.

both bikes are '08 (blk)
i went with only side cases
i have added a sargent seat - my buddy still goes stock seat with some home-made butt pad/neck pillow :clap:
both of us are in forsyth county so the hills are easy to get too :) (when our wives let us out of the house that is :lol2: )

i hope to work getting the bags on this weekend along with a powerlet adapter - will update with results

the admore lighting kit to put led's into the bags looks very interesting - you may have seen this but its on my list for sure - http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4401/

both bikes are '08 (blk)
i went with only side cases
i have added a sargent seat - my buddy still goes stock seat with some home-made butt pad/neck pillow :clap:
both of us are in forsyth county so the hills are easy to get too :) (when our wives let us out of the house that is :lol2: )

i hope to work getting the bags on this weekend along with a powerlet adapter - will update with results

the admore lighting kit to put led's into the bags looks very interesting - you may have seen this but its on my list for sure - http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4401/

Yours ABS? Cool Lights! Gotta put on my wish list. Thanks for the information. When you wanna ride? There's a ride to Tybee on Dec 5-7thth thereabouts

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,31777.0.html

"This started out years ago as an IBMWR rally and has now grown to be any brand rally. I have been helping with this rally for 9 years and this will be year 14, so come on down, over or whichever for a great weekend of fun.

The Ride To Savannah will be held from Friday, December 5th through Sunday, December 7th on Tybee Island, Georgia. Since Sunday falls on the 7th, what better way to spend the day than a visit to the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum - A Story of American Air Power during WW II.

Our home base motel is:

The Dunes Inn
1409 Butler Avenue
Tybee Island, GA 31328
N31 59.706 W80 50.907

Call now to make your reservations - 888/678-0763 or 912/786-4591. You MUST mention BMW RALLY to get the special rate (working on price - will update future announcement).

The Friday night meeting place will still be at the same restaurant/bar as in previous years - Stingray's, next door to The Dunes. http://www.stingraysontybee.com/

A Saturday ride is planned. Meet at the Dunes parking lot at 10:00am with a full tank, ready to ride. Downtown historic Savannah is about 20 miles from Tybee. This time of year the weather should be very nice and the squares will be decorated for Christmas.

Saturday night at 6pm we'll gather at the school cafeteria on Tybee Island for the world famous LOW COUNTRY BOIL... fresh shrimp, corn, potatoes, sausage and onions all cooked in large pots, then put on the tables for your enjoyment. Cost should be $20 depending upon the cost of the shrimp. This price will include beer, wine and soft drinks until they are gone.

No pins, no rally fee, you pay your own expenses and enjoy some fine company"

bags are on the bandit (added a powerlet adapter while i was at it) - definately need to find a new home for the rear blinks - the ride to tybee looks promising - i have sumbitted kitchen pass request :)

as long as we're on the subject. I sure would like to have a way to mount my Moto Guzzi Hepco Becker Bags on my Gen 1 Bandit.

I've checked the web site and not found any dedicated mounts. Anyone have an update here?

Dale of 'Holeshot' just added Hepco Becker bags for the Bandit to his site, saw 'em this morning. Maybe he'll sell you just the hardware......

All he's doing is acting as a reseller - if he won't sell you the frames on their own then I'm sure another Hepco Becker will be happy to. Although Hepco Becker list only the 650 Bandit on their website, luggage for the 1250 will be identical.

Congrats on the bags!

Tybee trip:
We've got a couple so far that's commited to ride leaving Friday 12-5-08 unless the weather suxxxs and there is a 72 hour conceallation on the rooms. I'm staying with family so we've got a secure place to park the bikes - maybe walking distance to some but I can taxi people back and forth at the end/beginning of the day of Friday night/Saturday. I'm not sure if I'm staying Sat night or not - but probally will.

BTW: The Scorpio 900i alarm is awesome!
http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle

All he's doing is acting as a reseller - if he won't sell you the frames on their own then I'm sure another Hepco Becker will be happy to. Although Hepco Becker list only the 650 Bandit on their website, luggage for the 1250 will be identical.

mine's a Gen 1

I'm glad you looked around. Those are cheaper than mine and I like the rack for the top on yours. I love my suzuki S on my little rinky dinky top plate bit a rack is alot versatile.

If you don't wanna do the hard stuff, you can always do the soft stuff. This is my current set up for travel.

Attachments

• Bandit side view w luggage_(800_x_600).jpg
    Bandit side view w luggage_(800_x_600).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 252
I thought this might help some do some searching. It's not an end all or all inclusive but I think it's pretty representative of what can be found. Thanks to all that have made my searching for that perfect part soooo much easier. Remember the 18 or so pages of sub-threads.

Item-rider-Post Number-Thread

accessories Terizins 1861 Mega thread
accessories Terizins 1870 Mega thread
accessories Terizins 1859 Mega thread
advice GregH 3024 Look at MODS forum
alarm suzukijo 1721 Mega thread
alarm timsyrop 1720 Mega thread
article suzukijo 2743 Mega thread
axel suzukijo 35 1250 Bandit Maintenance
bars crazyarch 3314 Mega thread
bars KenB 3335 Mega thread
bars mikem 3457 Mega thread
bars davidy61 3461 Mega thread
bars PhilS 1480 Mega thread
bike bell ringer suzukijo 2156 Mega thread
blinker suzukijo 1176 Mega thread
camera crazyarch 2347 Mega thread
camera crazyarch 1502 Mega thread
camera crazyarch 1312 Mega thread
can red757 2981 Mega thread
can sproggy 2999 Mega thread
can sproggy 3063 Mega thread
chain biker59 2462-2472 Mega thread
chain timsyrop 2305 Mega thread
chain Brass 2541 Mega thread
chain-clean suzukijo 1141 Mega thread
chain-clean suzukijo 1137 Mega thread
chain-guard Elbandito 1606 Mega thread
chain-guard suzukijo 1209 Mega thread
cleanup whitesands 68 1250 Bandit Maintenance
cruise KenB 2221-2561 Mega thread
cruise Terizins 2555 Mega thread
cruise crazyarch 3359 Mega thread
customizing suzukijo 1512 Mega thread
customizing suzukijo 1425 Mega thread
customizing Elbandito 1261 Mega thread
customizing suzukijo 1088 Mega thread
electrolysis biker59 3410 Mega thread
Evap Canister suzukijo 1351 Mega thread
evap canister PhilS 20+ 1250 Bandit Maintenance
Evap Canister gregh 3235-3236 Mega thread
exhaust sproggy 2283 Mega thread
exhaust suzukijo 1456 Mega thread
exhaust windman 1377 Mega thread
exhaust treybrad 428 Mega thread
exhaust-polish suzukijo 1093 Mega thread
fork biker59 2563 Mega thread
forks crazyarch 2843 Mega thread
forks Elbandito 1606 Mega thread
front brakes Elbandito 42 1250 Bandit Maintenance
furniture Brass 993 Mega thread
fuse-add box Axel 1589 Mega thread
gauges rworm 1567 Bandit temp /oil gauges- mechanical
Gear Indicator Old Compo 2116 Mega thread
gear indicator sproggy 3052 Mega thread
gps Terizins 2360 Mega thread
gps KenB 816 Mega thread
gps Willie 728 Mega thread
gps Roy 732 Mega thread
grips-endplay Elbandito 1256 Mega thread
grips-heated install Brass 817 Mega thread
grips-warmers camperjohn 1609 Mega thread
guards windman 2567 Mega thread
guards gregh 3111-3134 Mega thread
guards ezridr 3139 Mega thread
guards suzukijo 1084 Mega thread
guards PhilS 730 Mega thread
guards-caution KenB 555 Mega thread
guards-highway bars Terizins 1879-1880 Mega thread
handguards kp600 1045 Mega thread
handguards Brass 1035 Mega thread
handlebars PhilS 634 Mega thread
handlebars-loosen suzukijo 1286 Mega thread
heated grips sproggy 3060 Mega thread
horn Brass 2900 Mega thread
horn GregH 1 Stebel Nautilus Installation
horn MikeS 2915-2922 Mega thread
horn gregh 3089 Mega thread
horn Indybandit 3250 Mega thread
horn Indybandit 3321 Mega thread
Insturment Bezel suzukijo 1358 Mega thread
International Pie Run Tourmeister 3526 Mega thread
lights Terizins 1971-1968 Mega thread
lights Terizins 1882 Mega thread
lights windman 1883 HID Tuto
lights-blinker options twist 2705-2712-2739 Mega thread
lights-blinker with hand guard Terizins 2226 Mega thread
lights-blinkers CBR 2171 Mega thread
lights-blinkers PhilS 2185-2341 Mega thread
lights-blinkers sproggy 2361 Mega thread
lights-blinkers Terizins 1968 Mega thread
lights-driving Terizins 2007 Mega thread
lights-HID Brass 1621-1660 Mega thread
lowering links Brass 1787 Mega thread
lowers happy 199 Mega thread
luggage bjbandit 2098 Mega thread
luggage shock96 2112 Mega thread
luggage suzukijo 2368 Mega thread
luggage scoot 2625 Mega thread
luggage Ga-Bandit 3414 Mega thread
luggage Terizins 1971 Mega thread
luggage CBR 1889 Mega thread
luggage Terizins 1810 Mega thread
luggage windman 1675 Mega thread
luggage bones 1423 Mega thread
luggage-givi PhilS 421 Mega thread
luggage-givi The.Rev 133 Mega thread
luggage-givi-part numbers Roy 296 Mega thread
luggage-Hepco Becker Bags Ga-Bandit 17 Saddelbags
luggage-install PhilS 298-300 Mega thread
luggage-lights Terizins 1834 Mega thread
luggage-seat bradleycougar 649 Mega thread
luggage-straps suzukijo 1770 Mega thread
maintance check PhilS 2192 Mega thread
maintance coolant sproggy 3095 Mega thread
manual fog 1779 Mega thread
mirror-extenders Brass 1579 Mega thread
mirror-extenders PhilS 672 Mega thread
mirror-extenders GregH 486 Mega thread
mirror-extenders sailor 398 Mega thread
oil PhilS 47 1250 Bandit Maintenance
oil Mobile1 oil filter equivalent?
outlet Terizins 1860 Mega thread
Paper Holder SingaporeBandit 2133 Mega thread
pegs Terizins 1851 Mega thread
pegs sproggy 1853 A little more leg room
pegs Brass 1802 Mega thread
performance crazyarch 2650 Mega thread
performance crazyarch 2807 Mega thread
performance mi1lertm Power Commander Box Specific
plugs PhilS 47 1250 Bandit Maintenance
radar detector Roy 305 Mega thread
radiator Terizins 2432 Mega thread
radiator guard gregh 1 cox radiator guard
radio Brass 3240 Mega thread
rear sproggy 1797 Mega thread
Scratches suzukijo 2089 Mega thread
Scratches FDM 2100 Mega thread
Scratches Terizins 2088-2186 Mega thread
Scratches suzukijo 2096 Mega thread
seat Precisioncoat1 2000 Mega thread
seat biker59 2452 Mega thread
seat Terizins 2550 Mega thread
seat tehackem 3421 Mega thread
seat davidy61 3593 Holeshot Corbin Seat Review
seat Elbandito 1514 New Color Matched Rear Seat Cover
seat PhilS 208 Mega thread
seat-adjust PhilS 1331 Mega thread
seat-luggage bradleycougar 649 Mega thread
shift linkage suzukijo 1244 Mega thread
shifting crazyarch 2215 Mega thread
shock crazyarch 2893 Mega thread
shock suzukijo 3151 Mega thread
spark plugs terrebandit 2 1250 Bandit Maintenance
speedo Brass 2224 Mega thread
speedo PhilS 2289 Mega thread
speedo PhilS 3294 Mega thread
steering dampner crazyarch 2643 Mega thread
taillight windman 1856 Mega thread
taillight Terizins 1834 Mega thread
taillight sproggy 1667 Mega thread
throttle suzukijo 1176 Mega thread
tires treybrad 1980 Sub-Thread: Tires
under tank treybrad 10 1250 Bandit Maintenance
windshield bridge guy 3375 Mega thread
windshield mikeem111 3382 Mega thread
windshield Terizins 1968 Mega thread
windshield fog 1865 Mega thread
windshield KenB 1541 Mega thread
windshield flickmeister 1546 Mega thread
windshield flickmeister 1540 Mega thread
windshield penno 944 Mega thread
windshield PhilS 189 Mega thread
windshield happy 199 Mega thread

I finally got the top bag for Abby. Here are the pictures, it's an easy job of putting the mounting kit on while the rack is mounted to the bike.

Instructions
InstructionsforkitTopBag9-9-09012.jpg

Top Mount after installing the kit
MountingPlateTopBag9-9-09007.jpg

These rubber grommets were the hardest part
RubberGrommletsTopBag9-9-09009.jpg

Bolts underneath at front are easy to get to while the rack is mounted
Boltsforfrontcanreachmounted.jpg

Bolts underneath at rear
BoltsunderthemountTopBag9-9-09010.jpg

Top Bag from rear
OpenfromrearTopBag9-9-09001.jpg

Top bag from side
OpenfromsideTopBag9-9-09002.jpg

Bike from rear - the Suzuki mounting bracket is big and heavy but it positions the bag closer and allot lower than the Givi mount.
RearViewTopBag9-9-09003.jpg

Bike from side
TopBag9-9-09004.jpg

Bike from side
TopBag9-9-09005.jpg

Now it's time to buy the inserts for the saddlebags. I LOVE this setup and so does Abby (my bike).

Well,
My soft luggage met it's match in running through the last 3 days in elmucho rain. The rain covers only work for so long and water starts coming in from the underneat of them. That's on the side bags.
May have to break down and get a good Givi set up. ;0(. I never had leaks on my system cases on me BMW R11** GSs. Has anyone had leaks on the givis?

Back