• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sam Houston NF

"here is the information from our database where accomplishment reports (volunteer hours) are logged: Year to date volunteer hours: Cycling-171, Equestrian-646, Hiking-1455, Motorized-673. If I look at hours per mile of trail it shakes out this way: Cycling-5.5, Equestrian-33, Hiking-11, Motorized-7.9. For motorized if I only consider the 40 miles of trail currently open then it's 17 hours/mile of trail"

Motorized not doing real good at work, good at whining about closed trails!!

SHNF looks like a zoo, trailheads packed with bikes side roads packed with hunters. I guy on my FB list had a head on. Probably not the only one. And saw Ranger doing his thing.
20211107_113956.jpg
FB_IMG_1636312832787.jpg

Yep zoo or circus, so bueno for me. Hopefully weekdays are much better.
Weekdays are nice, Mondays seem to have a little. But between dualsports jumping on anywhere you can't drop your guard.

Wow that yz250 looks 😫…. Hope the rider is ok. Too many folks going after that elusive trophy.

"Awesome dirt today. I know of at least 4 head-one. Scary riding today. "

From a friend.

That pipe out to buff out. :thumb:

If you know them, tell them to check out Pacific Crest Pipe Repair. They fixed up a 84 CR500 pipe that was severely dented and full of holes for me; looked factory new when they finished with it.

If you know them, tell them to check out Pacific Crest Pipe Repair. They fixed up a 84 CR500 pipe that was severely dented and full of holes for me; looked factory new when they finished with it.
I don't !

"Good practice at the sam Houston national forest until a bad head on happened.

Hopefully @comer.evan and @a10rojo are ok.

And then another almost head on sldo happened between @vliegvark_ and @jhlozada and thanks God gbey ard both fine.

So after 2 kamikaze events on our second way around we decided to call it a day."

Copied from Allirio, Cycle Shack

Pacific Coast sold out several years ago and in now the most HATED "bus" on the planet. True scam!!! There are a couple guys in CO who do excellent work and can be trusted. Good info can be found on TT if you can make their "search" work.

Definitely need to be wearing the florescent orange out there during deer season.

11 of us old guys put in a workday Monday led by @GSTJOHN , cleared the string and north loop, 14 miles I believe. Stir need to get the south side done then some dozer work.
254934460_10227785086472087_1499363190061202612_n.jpg

This is an erosion spot, very long. That is the TRAIL, this section hasn't been open since February I guess.
255127357_10227785090352184_4205504980952422113_n.jpg

Critical to get this done to spread the traffic out on trails. This will open 22 miles of trails up.

Awesome to see what y'all have done there. I haven't ridden in the Sam in at least 15 years but still appreciate your work. :thumb: :thumb:

Back