• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sam Houston NF

Thank you very much Woodsguy, I appreciate it!

I am not interested in MX, just trails. Maybe we can meet up and ride at some point.

Take care,
Christopher
Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 8.29.25 AM.png

4 trailheads, 1 on Eastside, 3on Westside, Kelly Pond, 208, and Northwest. All off that main FS road. 1 south of FM 1375, other 2 north.

Keep in mind you need a spark arrestor, yearly pass from Texas(get by mail or Cycle Shack in Conroe), pay 5 bucks at Trailhead daily or buy 25$ yearly pass from FS. No road riding unless plated, picky about that. Trails well worn in and great signs at all intersections.
2D3FC132-AC5F-43EE-A18E-E3A33BF04EA1.jpeg

Last edited:
Keep in mind you need a spark arrestor, yearly pass from Texas(get by mail or Cycle Shack in Conroe), pay 5 bucks at Trailhead daily or buy 25$ yearly pass from FS. No road riding unless plated, picky about that. Trails well worn in and gray signs at all intersections.View attachment 340524
Awesome. Thank you very much for your help and information.

It's my understanding that the 300 XC-W does not come with a spark arrestor, so I will have to look into that.

Thanks again!

Awesome. Thank you very much for your help and information.

It's my understanding that the 300 XC-W does not come with a spark arrestor, so I will have to look into that.

Thanks again!
For whatever reason it doesn't. There is options, replace silencer with proper one, but an endcap, or Fisch sells an insert. That's what I use on my 450, then take it out everywhere else. When you get the bike you did to join us for a day ride at Cycleland(private) in Nacogdoches. Come as a guest.

For whatever reason it doesn't. There is options, replace silencer with proper one, but an endcap, or Fisch sells an insert. That's what I use on my 450, then take it out everywhere else. When you get the bike you did to join us for a day ride at Cycleland(private) in Nacogdoches. Come as a guest.
That sounds great, will love to do that. Thanks!

I feel like I may have met you a couple of years back at the Valero in New Waverly. I might be getting you confused, but I was riding my Super Duke GT and we spoke briefly....?

I feel like I may have met you a couple of years back at the Valero in New Waverly. I might be getting you confused, but I was riding my Super Duke GT and we spoke briefly....?
Very possible, I frequent there! I'm old but kinda rings a bell!

Last edited:
Back