• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sam Houston NF

What condition are the trails in the forest? How about Sterling R?
We've had some rain but last time I checked they were open. Sterling has been quiet on Facebook, not sure what that means. I know he's open. Forest has to be either prime or wet, lol, it's rained at least an inch.

Just talked to Sterling, really wet, maybe Saturday but probably Sunday.

I had an inch and a quarter here at the house. That usually means the forest gets at least that much... often a lot more.

:headbang: Talked myself out of Sandwinders which appeared to be beyond perfect in all the videos and now the local stuff is wet. Will try Sunday. If someone sees and recognizes me, go ahead and kick me a couple times.

I had an inch and a quarter here at the house. That usually means the forest gets at least that much... often a lot more.
Friends out today, so guess it's open. Lol

Need to bum a couch or drive way from some of you that live close to Sam Houstan pretty soon miss that place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few of us Sunday at 1:30 eastside if want to join us.

Something stung me on my face Sunday on East side, still swollen today.

Last edited:
Need a dirt road through the forest today, obviously with all the rain trails are closed but the judges order for closures stated multiuse trails could stay open, but they're wet. Probably by the time they dry out the order will be shelter in place!

I'm afraid to ride, don't want to chance a hosp/emer room visit. Was planing to go to a small spot I have tomorrow but have reconsidered.

Something stung me on my face Sunday on East side, still swollen today.

Spider or a sting? Holes were not there for 3-4 days.

Got a feeling by the time it dries out, we'll be shutdown and this won't matter.

View attachment 257300

Spider or a sting? Holes were not there for 3-4 days.

Rob looks like bite more than sting. I'm no medical professional so this is worth exactly what you paid for it. I would clean it good and apply antibiotic ointment. I would measure the red area that is just outside the three open sores. You might just hold a small object next to it and take a picture for reference. I would then check it later today and again tomorrow if it grows I would go see a Dr. with it being that close to your eye.

Rob looks like bite more than sting. I'm no medical professional so this is worth exactly what you paid for it. I would clean it good and apply antibiotic ointment. I would measure the red area that is just outside the three open sores. You might just hold a small object next to it and take a picture for reference. I would then check it later today and again tomorrow if it grows I would go see a Dr. with it being that close to your eye.
Thanks, I've waited posting this till now, but I think it's on the upswing. You didn't want to see it from the weekend, lol.

I was thinking spider bite.

Hidden Falls Adventure Park (Official)
2 hrs ·
**IMPORTANT NOTICE**
Burnet County has just issued a Stay at Home mandate so in compliance with local authorities, as a nonessential business, effective immediately, Hidden Falls Adventure Park will CLOSE to the GENERAL PUBLIC and ALL MEMBERS until further notice. As soon as this storm has passed, rest assured we will promptly reopen. If you have already booked reservations with us, please be on the lookout for an email from us detailing that matter. If you need to contact us for any reason please email us at info@hiddenfallsadventurepark.com as we will not be in the office to answer any phone calls. Thank you for your support and understanding. We regret having to take these actions and look forward to riding and wheeling with you in the very near future. Stay safe and well!

If you just have to ride and risk it, Sterling Ranch is still open. Montgomery County doesn't have SIP yet.

Back