• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

San Saba camping

Reaction score
Do the city parks have camping(tent)? No search results, city hall not answering phone. Any other suggestions for campsites close to town?
Thanks

Do the city parks have camping(tent)? No search results, city hall not answering phone. Any other suggestions for campsites close to town?
Thanks
City hall closes at noon on Fridays. Camping is not allowed in Mill Pond Park or the LCRA park. Risien Park allowed camping in the past for 10 or 15 dollars per night but I've noticed the gates are locked at night now so I can't say for certain.

Good luck getting into the State Park if you need it for a weekend. Seems all are booked up months in advanced. Might get on a cancellation list.

I will be camping in san Saba/ marble falls area this Friday March 5th. I have 3 options. One is a private campground, one is wild camping close to an old cemetery, Sulphur springs at lometa, close to Colorado bend SP.

I'm probably going to get motel room in San Saba, will have to do trial run (first attempt at motocamping) later.

We will have 3 or 4 motocampers there, that is the best way to learn. You can pick our super gigantic enormous brains [emoji23]

On the other hand, if you are an ax murderer, stay at the hotel [emoji41]

I got this response from City Hall. Risien Park does allow tent camping for $10 per night. Pay at City Hall (303 S. Clear St./325-372-5144) and they will notify police dept. of your presence in the park. They didn't know if the gates would be locked at night if someone was camping there. Called the police dept. and asked but I haven't got a response yet.

Back