• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Sandy Creek Road on 05/06 (AKA: Alternative route: Castell - 189 miles)

Reaction score
NOTE: This is an *unofficial* repeat of TARA's March monthly ride "Alternative route: Castell - 189 miles," for those who missed it or want a re-do. You can download the GPX here: http://txadvriders.org/upcoming-events/austin-chapter-events/

DATE: Sunday, May 6, 2018
TIME: MEET 9:00 AM / KSU @ 9:30 sharp. / RETURN 4:00PM
MEET-UP LOCATION: 18901 Hamilton Pool Road, Dripping Springs, 78620

DESCRIPTION: We're riding out to Sandy Creek Road near Castell to hone some skills...or, as our buddy Mike likes to say, "own that ****." :rider:

We'll probably get hungry and grab a bite somewhere (specifics to come). :eat:
We'll head for home with a target ETA of 4PM.

Last edited:
And just to be clear, this is in addition to the already scheduled TARA monthly ride on 5-05. Call it the "Austin Adventure Weekend". A little consolation for those of us who can't make it to Junction.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

"Hone some skills." Is that code for challenging unpaved road conditions? If so, I may be in for this one.

"Hone some skills." Is that code for challenging unpaved road conditions? If so, I may be in for this one.

+1, would like to know....can't do gnarly single track with deep ruts, on my ride, but I'd love to ride some better stuff than table-smooth hard pack and pavement.

Back