• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Santa Fe Railroad"

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
1149166680_zXUk2-L.jpg

SW of Crockett, TX
Nikon FE w/50mm f/1.4 shooting Fuji Neopan ASA100

Cagiva 549 to the white courtesy phone...

very cool.

what scale?

You're perceptive..... I tried to take the shot as to not make it look like a model. As for scale, I have no idea. They were big with the cars about 7" tall and maybe 12-14" long. Really was a treat to see this coming back from Crockett too.

Last edited:
Photo is tilted a little to the right. Cool shot though, I couldn't tell it was a model RR. Looking again the bridge components don't look right for full size. Still pretty cool.

The big giveaway was the regularity of the ties and the fact that the bridge was made out of c-channel.

Nice shot. The sky is kind of blah.

I think the giveaway would be the red iron perlins used for the trestle, the welds on the drill pipe along with the uniformity of the ties. Also, that would be one monster Phillips screw driver.

Still, way cool. :clap:

G scale garden railroad , The bridge construction is very nice but not correct for prototype railroading and the passenger cars are too old for the power unit . 1940,s cars and a 1990's engine . Thats whats fun about toy trains , run what you want and build it like you want and that one is very nice . SEYA

Amtrack/ConRail has not run VistaDome cars
for more than 25 years.
Wrong type coupler on the engine,
along with no air-line connecting hoses.

I think the giveaway would be the red iron perlins used for the trestle,

Is that what they're called? That's what I meant by c-channel. And you can see the u-bolts used to attach the bridge to the fence rail.

Still, a great shot.

I love how everyone is critiquing the train and track attributes. I never imagined it would turn that way. I really did enjoy waiting for it's rounds every few minutes and getting right next to the track while hearing the 'clickity-clack, clickity-clack' as it passed by.

Just a guy sitting under a big tree with a gal making the trains go round and round. There were some full-size passenger cars behind the setup as well.

I love how everyone is critiquing the train and track attributes. I never imagined it would turn that way. I really did enjoy waiting for it's rounds every few minutes and getting right next to the track while hearing the 'clickity-clack, clickity-clack' as it passed by.

Just a guy sitting under a big tree with a gal making the trains go round and round. There were some full-size passenger cars behind the setup as well.

Can you be more specific about the location? I would love to go see it myself sometime.

Fooled me too. I was studying it trying to figure out where they might have built a bridge like that. :doh:

Can you be more specific about the location? I would love to go see it myself sometime.

I left the Crockett pie run and headed down Hwy 21 towards Madisonville. I think it was between Austino and Midway. I think somewhere there's a "Where Am I" post with the big train cars behind it that could narrow it down.

I think the giveaway would be the red iron perlins used for the trestle, the welds on the drill pipe along with the uniformity of the ties. Also, that would be one monster Phillips screw driver.

Still, way cool. :clap:

:lol2: I missed the huge phillips screws.

Is that what they're called? That's what I meant by c-channel. And you can see the u-bolts used to attach the bridge to the fence rail.

Still, a great shot.
By the looks of those purlins/c-channels they look to be metal studs, the first and second from the front has the electrical punch-outs visible and those are sheetrock screws that were used. It looks like the bridge deck may be one as well.

EXCELLENT Image. I like the perception of this being a full size / real deal. I also like that you didn't crop this one square, as I like the composition of it moving towards me.

It might be a tad overexposed, might benefit from a graduated filtering in post.... jmo.

Well done sir... you continue to motivate the rest of us.

Well, I thought it was real also but then I'm older than you guys and half blind to boot. But still a nice picture.

I assumed it was real but it brought back so many memories of my Dad and his model railroads. He could always find some kniche to build one no matter where we lived.

Great picture Scott, I've got to spend more time riding with you. You find the greatest places to stop and shoot.

Back