• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saturday 7/7 at Crooked Creek (vids)

jqueen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
So, we had a family day at Crooked Creek on Saturday. My son, my father, and myself. My son and I came up from Sugar Land, and my dad was down from Graham (3hrs for him, 3.5 for us).

JQueen the eldest was there first, and paid for his progeny (thanks Dad). Of course, I had to unload his bike!

Jacob tried out the track a bit, and proceeded to fall every time there was a little dust on the ground ("I can't believe it's SOOO sandy!). He takes a little warm up to get relaxed on the bike. After that, we intended to take Jacob on the easy loop, but completely missed it and ended up doing a little bit of the Bertha trail before we hit the shortcuts back to camp. For those that haven't been there, Bertha isn't hard at all for most adults, but there was a little bit of sand and there are some 4-wheeler ruts that Jacob kept trying to climb out of instead of following. He fell 10 times or so, and then he was ready for a break.

Dad and I took a loop of our own (Bertha again), then came back and watched Jacob ride around the camp for a while, over the hill that's not part of the track. Then we did another loop and I think we found Bone Head or Lost in the Woods. Back at camp, Jacob rode the track for a while, and it was obvious he was getting more relaxed, as he wasn't falling at all.

Then Dad and I did another, and we saw the entrance to the easy trail (Easy Rider). After this loop, we took Jacob and this was much better, as he didn't fall once.

After that, I did the "Twist and Shout" and "Twisted Off" trails. I came back and told them that I had intended to take my camera out and try to go over the culverts on camera. So against my protests, we took off and all did those trails (Jacob on the back of my bike).

Dad took his leave around 3:00, Jacob and I hung out and he rode around the camp for a while, then I did one last loop, and called it a day around 4:30. It took forever to load up though, as I got a little too hot on the last loop. Not in the danger zone or anything, just took a lot longer to cool down than it should've.

Video below - I will follow up with another video of just the kid's trail for reference - that one isn't uploaded. That's OK though, as it is fairly boring - I am just posting it for anybody thinking about taking their kids out.

I do like the below video though:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/45412867"]Crooked Creek 7-7-2012[/ame]

Last edited:
No flash video on iPhone

Sounds like fun to me

Well that sucks.. I didn't know Vimeo was flash only - after further digging, the HTML5 player is only available if I have a premium account. I don't think it's worth it yet, so I may be going back to youtube..

I uploaded to Youtube as well - Vimeo didn't work on my iphone, either on the browser or tapatalk..:

Video for the day (4 minutes) -
[ame="http://youtu.be/57T8rdr2scg"]Crooked Creek 7-7-12 - YouTube[/ame]

Kid's trail video (still uploading at time of post)-
[ame="http://youtu.be/VnYZPv36130"]Crooked Creek "Easy Rider"[/ame]

Jacob is doing real Good! :thumb: Way to conquer that hill, Jacob. :rider:
Your doing good Justin. :cool2:
Sam

Back