• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Saturday Breakfast at The Blue Hanger

Cold just gets the blood flowing. :) I'm going to try and make this one. Last ride before I tear down the bike for yearly maintenance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am headed to East Texas for the annual Lake of the Pines British bike Rally and then on to Arkansas on Saturday.

Sounds cool, I just looked up the Alliance Air Show and saw that admission is free but parking for any vehicle is $20... So, if I ride a motorcycle in there I'm gonna have to pay $20 for parking?

I figure bikes don't take up much space and there is probably a way around this... Bueller?

Good luck with that.
"Free" really brings out the best in people. Lol

And, to my fellow Blue Hangar pancake addicts, add this to your weekend. This Sunday, Oct 7. Grapevine Mills Mall (behind chick fil a). Ride for Kids with cancer. Kids who are local patients go on the ride and the ride comes back to the tent at the mall to have lunch with the kids and hear from them how great they think your motorcycles are. Here's a video that's a great intro [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jtsRQvP6c"]Ride for Kids® Recruitment - YouTube[/ame] RJ2 can also chime in on the fun and good done there. Oh, registration is between 8 - 9:45. Ride at 10. Done with lunch and program by 1:00. Worth missing church or whatever else for this. You'll be glad you came. Every kind of street legal bike will be there.

Nevermind, just saw this on the Air Show website:

"NOTE: There is a $20 per parking fee all vehicles, including motorcycles."

Way around this... get someone with a trailer. Load up all the bikes before we go in. :D

We could always park elsewhere and walk.

Last edited:
Load 100 people up in a semi trailer... I hate zero-tolerance type anti-logical stuff.

HTML:
RJ2 can also chime in on the fun and good done there.

Absolutely - will try to head to BHC - then on to Grapevine Mills for volunteer training. I forgot eveything I learned last year.....

HTML:
RJ2 can also chime in on the fun and good done there.

Absolutely - will try to head to BHC - then on to Grapevine Mills for volunteer training. I forgot eveything I learned last year.....

Nevermind, just saw this on the Air Show website:

"NOTE: There is a $20 per parking fee all vehicles, including motorcycles."

Well they could charge $20 a head to get in and give free parking.

Years ago parking was free and you paid to get in.

Well I can fit 4-5 on my vstrom.
2-3 on the seat, and each ammo can saddle bag should hold 180+ lbs each. Now is the subframe will like it, that's another story.

I've seen 7 on a bike in the Dominican Republic. Dad, mom, 5 kids. And it was far from as robust as the Strom. It was like a 175.

Made a wrong turn again:D

u7yvuge3.jpg

Sent from my Droid
Please excuse any typos

Anyone stopping in here for breakfast and then heading to Nocona?

Back