• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

Looks like it might be a bit air-ish in the morning.:rider:

What time does this occur? I'll be in town for a funeral, but probably have time to make it.

We meet for breakfast. Doors open at 8. Small group of folks most months, start arriving about 8, stragglers until 8:20 or so. I'll throw your straps (the ones I keep forgetting to mail) in my sidecases just in case you make it.

(Went home at lunch, Kurt, and put them in the bags.)

Last edited:
Even Terry's planning to make this one.

This coming Saturday won't be as nice as last Saturday. Current forecast is a low of 23 for Friday night with a slight chance of sleet/snow. Saturday is partly sunny skies with a high of 54.

It'll be a chilly morning ride. But unless the chance for sleet/snow increases, I'll be taking the bike (I'll drive otherwise). Between the heated jacket and gloves, and a ride of only 20 minutes with a warm meal & drink waiting at the end of it, it won't be too bad.

I plan to be there in the cage this time, though. Amber and I are going to bum around Shreveport after the RRBMWR meeting, but we'll stick to the routine and have breakfast at the airport first.

-Jeff

Unless I find it conflicts with my grandsons' basketball games, I'll be there. Most likely on the motorbike.

Unless I find it conflicts with my grandsons' basketball games, I'll be there. Most likely on the motorbike.

In case you don't make it Bill, I hope your teams win
cheerleader.gif

Glad to see someone besides me use the word "motorbike". I've always liked that term :rider:

I plan to be there in the cage this time, though. Amber and I are going to bum around Shreveport after the RRBMWR meeting, but we'll stick to the routine and have breakfast at the airport first.

-Jeff

Your girlfriend is willing to come along and meet some of your fellow bikers? Bet she also likes to ride, she's a keeper :bigokay: See y'all Saturday.

I'm planning to be there (2 or 4 wheels?) unless I can't get out of the driveway (It's uphill and the neighbor's been burning rubber for the past ten minutes!! :giveup:)

Same here, but 4 wheeling it. It's not bad right now, I was able to get up one of the two hills that bracket my place using the Honda (Civic). But the slush/packed snow is gonna freeze tonite and turn into a skating rink. Unless I can put chains on my motorbike, it's staying home. If I'm not at the cafe, I wasn't able to make it up the hills.

Been out of touch for a while and just found this thread:clap:
What time do we need to show up?

Yea, got a "I Car" class to go to tomorrow night. So can't make it this month. Maybe next month.:trust::eat::rider:

First Saturday this weekend, time for a Skyline Cafe breakfast. Long term forecast shows a few showers with a high of 67. But this time of year it can change big time. Just last month Jeff and I were driving (no way was I gonna ride) around ice patches.

Unfortunately I'll be a no-show. I took my Sprint to Piper Suspension last Saturday for a front/rear suspension service and it's due for pick up this coming Saturday :doh:

Taking the ST on the Big Bend trip, I've also gotta get it over to Jay's to get a new front tire installed.

I've also gotta get it over to Jay's to get a new front tire installed.

Just say when, Mark.... Glenn and Skip are itchin' for new rubber as well. Not sure if it'll come together but maybe some smoked deliciousness can be had.

Unfortunately I'll be a no-show. I took my Sprint to Piper Suspension last Saturday for a front/rear suspension service and it's due for pick up this coming Saturday :doh:

Taking the ST on the Big Bend trip, I've also gotta get it over to Jay's to get a new front tire installed.

Mark,

You should eat breakfast anyway, so stop by the airport on your way out.

Mark / Jay,

I was just checking prices for a new Pilot Road (2?) for the BMW. When do you think y'all will get together for a tire party? I'm interested if y'all don't mind me crashing the party.

-Jeff

Mark, I generally try to eat breakfast before I go pick up a motorycle. It makes the ride much more enjoyable.

Well, I was holding out to maybe meet for breakfast before heading out to pick up the Sprint. But it's a no-go. 'Cause of other "stuff" I gotta do I'm leaving at dark'thirty to get back early.

See y'all Thursday at wherever our RTE ends up being.

Back