• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

Well, I slept thru it :oops:. Didn't set the alarm and it was 8 when I looked at the clock Got a ride in nonethless, east side road on Lake Tyler.

I think you and I were the only ones who could have made it. I got there right at 8, waited around a few minutes then headed back home to take the family to watch a neice's softball game, then my nephews' pee-wee football. All in all, a good day, although very hot and humid. The football game was down in Lufkin where at the 1 PM kickoff time it was 90 degrees and air soupy enough to pick at with a fork (not to mention love-bugs everywhere). Thankfully, by dinner time back home the front had moved through and it now feels very nice.

I have heard good things about 315, Dutch's picture has now inspired me to check it out sometime. I think I can muster a ride from Tyler, to Palestine, to Brownsboro, then back to Tyler :rider:

Man, I'm gone for a month and the place falls apart. This is the first time only one showed for breakfast at the airport and didn't even stay. Lame!

Three fifteen is one of the best roads in the area. If you live in east Texas and haven't ridden it, it's time to suit up.

-Jeff

Man, I'm gone for a month and the place falls apart. This is the first time only one showed for breakfast at the airport and didn't even stay. Lame!

Three fifteen is one of the best roads in the area. If you live in east Texas and haven't ridden it, it's time to suit up.

-Jeff

Rode it up and back, two up on the Quota with my 11 YO son.......what a perfect recommendation....thanks ya'll! :sun:

I was thinking of making it, but I stayed up late Friday night doing fork seals on my wife's DR650. I needed my beauty rest (I rolled out of bed at 11 :yawn:). 8:00 an hour way is pushing it for me for a Sat morning.

Saturday, Nov. 2. Low 41, high 71. Dry and sunny.
Perfect riding weather between here and Pounds Field.

I'm gonna try to make it to get breakfast and then head down to Donie to watch the classic trials riding. I think both Tom W. and Tom S. are riding their trials bikes.

I'm gonna try to make it to get breakfast and then head down to Donie to watch the classic trials riding. I think both Tom W. and Tom S. are riding their trials bikes.

Looks like about an hour and a half down there. Have you any idea when they ride?

Rider's meeting is at 9, riding begins at 10. I figure getting there before 11.

Mark, I'm thinking I may ride down there after breakfast, as well. Maybe a couple more would be interested in riding along. Either way, I'll see you Saturday.

Going to Donie is out, I've got to catch up on some projects around the house before taking off for NYC on Tuesday. See you at Skyline.

I was there in spirit. It was 36-degrees when the Triumph emerged from the garage this morning. We were on our way to meet an eclectic group of riders for a first Saturday of the month breakfast loosely organized by the Nebraska Motorcycle Riders & MSTA. The old girl enjoyed the cold air and was happy to be out. Somehow, it felt colder riding home at 9:30 than it did two hours early. Invigorating!

-Jeff

I was there in spirit. It was 36-degrees when the Triumph emerged from the garage this morning. We were on our way to meet an eclectic group of riders for a first Saturday of the month breakfast loosely organized by the Nebraska Motorcycle Riders & MSTA. The old girl enjoyed the cold air and was happy to be out. Somehow, it felt colder riding home at 9:30 than it did two hours early. Invigorating!

-Jeff

I almost got the burned bacon in your honor Jeff, but chickened out and got the sausage :lol2: Glad you got the Trumpet out for a ride.

Anybody brave enough to get out? Planning on flying up from Nac. Should have one passenger so have room for 2 more if anybody from Nac or Lufkin wants to ride. Wheels up at 7:30 from the Nacogdoches Airport. As of the moment it is looking like 2,500 overcast and cold but no mention of rain.

I expect to have breakfast at home tomorrow. :) I may even wear shorts and a tee shirt.

I expect to have breakfast at home tomorrow. :) I may even wear shorts and a tree shirt.

I knew when I started the tread back up I might be eating by myself but I figured this weather would be nothing for a man with a Super Tenere! Think of it as training for the Alaska ride.

I knew when I started the tread back up I might be eating by myself but I figured this weather would be nothing for a man with a Super Tenere! Think of it as training for the Alaska ride.

I resemble that remark as well.

Using that logic you should be showing up on your GSA instead of a plane! :lol2:

I resemble that remark as well.

Using that logic you should be showing up on your GSA instead of a plane! :lol2:

I'll even give an Amen to that but a 20 minute plane ride vs a 90 mile bike ride to be there by 8:00 is a little tough even when it's warm. :pilot:

I'll even give an Amen to that but a 20 minute plane ride vs a 90 mile bike ride to be there by 8:00 is a little tough even when it's warm. :pilot:

I normally leave at 5:35 to make the 135 mile ride from my house, on my bike.:rider:

Back