• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

I may try to fly up and meet you guys next month. A 1.1 hour flight in a BE36 versus a 3.45 hour ride from near Houston. Curious to know what you guys think of Lone Star HD/Triumph over on the east loop.

I may try to fly up and meet you guys next month. A 1.1 hour flight in a BE36 versus a 3.45 hour ride from near Houston. Curious to know what you guys think of Lone Star HD/Triumph over on the east loop.
Personally, went to get a quote for major service on Tiger 800 and they had no clue. They were looking in the hook to figure out what it is, what service included, what to charge...at $1,300 and counting (looking rather confused) I politely excused myself.

Personally, went to get a quote for major service on Tiger 800 and they had no clue. They were looking in the hook to figure out what it is, what service included, what to charge...at $1,300 and counting (looking rather confused) I politely excused myself.

My observation is they are primarily a Harley shop and are pretty much clueless with Triumphs. Invest in a manual and do it yourself or head west to metroplex...

BrianR / Skip.
Thanks for the service feedback. I live near south of Houston, so I don't plan on using their service.

I stopped in on my last visit and they had a couple of Triumph leftovers that looked attractive, but their ask was high versus what I see on CycleTrader. Just wondered if from the sales side they seemed interested in moving stuff. From what you both said about service, I am not optimistic.

BrianR / Skip.
Thanks for the service feedback. I live near south of Houston, so I don't plan on using their service.

I stopped in on my last visit and they had a couple of Triumph leftovers that looked attractive, but their ask was high versus what I see on CycleTrader. Just wondered if from the sales side they seemed interested in moving stuff. From what you both said about service, I am not optimistic.
I looked at his leftover Trophy and he is still at new price for a couple year old bike. A few guys that are met I’ve to this area indicated he has the bike shop as a hobby and the gun shop next door is his primary business.

I recommend you see what Woods Fun Center has in Austin if looking for a deal (other than CycleTrader).

I've missed it for the last months. I had just returned from Illinois on Friday before and with the cooler temps that morning and the long day the day before, I didn't feel like a cool ride for breakfast that day. Hoping for better weather and no conflicting schedules next month.

First Saturday of the month (Feb 2nd) is almost here. Weather forecast is a little iffy - hopefully it'll be dry.
Just checked TWC. They say 50% chance of rain which also means 50% chance of no rain. Most of that is forecast for the AM. Temps appear to be better so I am planning to get there this time.

Weather Underground says pretty slim chance of precip until about noon. I have good tires again; I'm planning to be there.

Another breakfast run is in the books. As we all suspected, breakfast was excellent. Conversation was lively and sharing time with other riders great. Six bikes made their riders bring them to Tyler. A Yamaha Tenere and a classic K series BMW and four Triumphs, two Tigers, a mean looking Thruxton and a Trophy. It was a little foggy to start with but it somewhat cleared up and turned to sprinkles on the way home. IMG_20190202_093052176_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190202_093040621_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190202_093107500_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190202_093112214_HDR.jpg

It was a good day to come out and see planes, bikes, and friends.
DB9CAA40-0320-468D-B748-88F04B331E57.jpeg

TWC online says PM thunderstorms :storm: so the breakfast ride :rider: should be good. Everyone knows if it is on the internet it must be true.

Whats the point of good gear, good tires and electrics if you can't ride on a cool, damp morning? Count me in.

Sorry I missed the good food, bad lies, and the Ural.

Back