• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: 2nd Saturday Breakfast - La Plazita, 11980 Hwy 64 75704

Tire's were good, electric's were good, food's were even good.... But finding out about someone's pet peeve fetish PRICELESS.

This month's first Saturday weather report is similar to the one last month. I'm hopeful it'll cooperate for a breakfast ride tomorrow morning.

I'll make a game-time decision based on how the WX radar looks in the morning. I missed 2 months in a row now, need to get out and feed my motorcycle soul.

Weather guy says rain will hold off until 1 or so. I expect to be there.

Just putting this out there. I am looking to drive all or part of the East Texas 450 next weekend or the weekend after depending on weather and/ or interest. Thats the dual sport ride around Lufkin. I am trying to catch it while its somewhat cool and ground moisture is higher because of all the sand. I have a new Kawasaki Versys-X 300 and the tires are 80/20's so they are not good for sand or mud. Anyhow, drop me a line or reply here if anyone is interested in meeting me at Florida's Kitchen or Mannings in Livingston, TX. Also if you are in the Houston area, I will have my truck n trailer which can haul 3 bikes and I can pick you up.

Here is the map.

I was one of the new guys at Skyline Cafe this morning (Hamp). Will try to make it again!
View attachment 231493

Attachments

• E0904EC2-7ACF-4908-A5A1-C3336993B765.jpeg
    E0904EC2-7ACF-4908-A5A1-C3336993B765.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 239
I missed the last couple ones. Ridiculously close enough that I can brave the wet stuff on the RT, worth the dampness to meet anyone willing.

First Saturday tomorrow, I plan on being at the cafe. Weather looks great. Both my rides out of riding order at present so I’ll be taking the Frontier :-? Hope to see a few folks there.

Mark / Skip,

I planned on riding over tomorrow, but learned my local airport is hosting their annual fly-in tomorrow. Being the new guy in town, I decided to check it out.

I hope to see you in July or August.

-Jeff

Just putting this out there. I am looking to drive all or part of the East Texas 450 next weekend or the weekend after depending on weather and/ or interest. Thats the dual sport ride around Lufkin. I am trying to catch it while its somewhat cool and ground moisture is higher because of all the sand. I have a new Kawasaki Versys-X 300 and the tires are 80/20's so they are not good for sand or mud. Anyhow, drop me a line or reply here if anyone is interested in meeting me at Florida's Kitchen or Mannings in Livingston, TX. Also if you are in the Houston area, I will have my truck n trailer which can haul 3 bikes and I can pick you up.

Here is the map.

I live in Lake Charles and I have a friend in Houston. We were thinking of riding it this summer. Did you ride it?

Once again, I'm gonna plan on being there for breakfast, but then I think I've said that every month this year, and then I wimped out because it was raining or looked like rain and I was miserable. Once I even went a few miles down the road and decided I wasn't having fun, so I turned around and went home. Anyhoo, hide the wimmin and chillun, 'cause I'm fixin' to show up this time.

I plan on being there. Once again possibly in the truck. The Shiver flunked it's exam at Eurosport last Friday 😠, haven't even taken it off the trailer. The Beemer's got a minor issue that I haven't been able to get to yet. If you make it Skip, you too Bill, I expect to regaled, (regaled I said!), of y'alls great NorthWest adventure trip. I've got a Texas sized case of envy of you guys and need to at least live the trip vicariously 😆

Last edited:
Checked with the cafe. They're open, but serving a limited menu. Didn't say what limited meant. Show doesn't open till 10am, parking should be OK when were get there at 8.

Made it once again. The work schedule and weather cooperated. There was a pretty good turn out for breakfast and the displays were getting set for the Warbirds event. Good to see some familiar faces and several I didn't know. This is always a good time to hear what everyone else has been doing.

Getting in earlier on this, I seem to forget till the day before. Long range forecast shows cloudy but no rain, hope that holds up. Finally got around to getting the oil leak stopped on my K75, just needed a new o-ring. Awfully embarrassed by the oil spot under my bike last month :oops: that kinda thing gets you kicked outta the BMW MOA :lol2:

Back