• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saying Hello from Justin (Returning Member)

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Parker
Hello all. I have been a member here for a while now it seems, all the way back in 2007. Not long after I joined here, we moved back home to Ohio. During my time up there in Ohio, went through a few different bikes, VStrom 1000 to an FJR then on to a Kawi ZZR1200. Sold the Kaw back in winter of 2014. At that time I thought to myself, I'll get another bike in the spring or summer. Well, it never happened, then the more time I didn't ride, the less I missed it. Fast forward to Summer of 2015, the wife said she got a job offer in Dallas. So after some discussion, we decided she would take the offer and we would move back to the Metroplex. So, in Oct. 2015, we moved back to DFW from Ohio and leased a house in Keller for a bit, then finally purchased a new home here in Justin in March of this year. All this time, since I sold the Kaw in 2014, I have been bikeless. I really didn't think I'd ride again, even though they were never far from my thoughts. Kind of lost the fire or desire to, I wouldn't call it a fear, but maybe more a hesitation because of the rampant distracted driving that has grown worse since I hung up the helmet.

Now that the house is bought and closed, the last few months I have been 'looking' at Cycle Trader, CL, forums at bikes for sale. I've always had a short list of bikes I wanted. And you know once you kind of start shopping even if you're not really shopping, then things happen. lol. I guess me looking at bikes lately was really just me telling myself it was time again. So after a 5 year break, I purchased a bike last weekend. One of the bikes on my want list, a 2008 KTM Super Duke.

Now that I'm back in Texas (for the 3rd time) and once again on two wheels, I wanted to introduce myself (again). I'm in Justin, about 4 miles north of the Texas Motor Speedway. Hope to meet some of you as I get out on some rides and excursions.

I know.... pics, or it didn't happen.

Scott

Aloha and welcome back. Congrats on your new ride. I see your a Rush fan sweet. If you are not busy this Sunday come join us in Thurber for a little meet and greet.

Welcome back and congrats on the bike.
Looks like a road trip to NOLA to pick it up too. Hope you had time to enjoy some great food while there.

Welcome back! :wave:

Be sure you have a good grip on the bars before you whack open the throttle on that beast...

Back