• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Schoepf's Old Time BBQ in Belton Tx

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Schoepf's is one of those Que places where you pick your meat directly from a warming pit on the way in. (IE: Cooper's Hard 8 ...etc)

They've got a good selection of meats incl....Brisket ,Huge Pork Chops ,Sirloin ,Ribs ,3 kinds of Sausage (Jalepeno,med,mild) ,Pulled Pork ,Turkey & Chicken Halves.....Ribeye on Fri-Sat

You can get your Que any way ya like it....Whether on a plate with sides...a sandwich...or on butcher paper (w/free beans)

My recommendations in order of preference are.....

#1 ABSOLUTELY THE PORK CHOP ...tasty seasoning & all ya need (they're BIG)
#2 THE CHICKEN HALVES ...really?...YES! They are that good with the sauce
#3 TIE- MED or JALEPENO SAUSAGE ...your preference....tasty....or
THE SIRLOIN....Most of the time it's cooked just right & you can find a piece to your likin.
#4 TIE- THE BRISKET....actually I think I saw a TV clip that said they use tri tip instead of brisket meat. ...Not enough bark for my taste. ...or
PULLED PORK.....but it already has sauce mixed in.....
RIBS.....not the best I've had but still good.

They also have Baby Back Ribs & Ribeye steak on Fri-Sat but I haven't tried those yet. Turkey breast is also one I haven't tried.

Schoepf's also makes their own potato salad & it's another stand out.
The beans are always pretty tasty (& free w meat by the pound)
Can't say as I haven't tried their other sides like the cheezy potatoes,green beans or cole slaw.

Cornbread,rolls or bread along with your meal & a dessert to top it off

Oh...& they now serve beer! & have live bands out back sometimes.

About 2 blocks west of I35 on Central Ave in Belton....Easy to find

Also, usually during the summer on Thursday evenings/nights. They usually have some Texas Music artists playing.

I love their cheesy potatoes! I had two servings of them with my lunch today as a matter of fact.

Re: NOT Schoepf's Old Time BBQ in Belton Tx

I no longer recommend Schoepf's Everything seems to have changed
& I'm sure I saw some new managerial lookin bean counter type guy hangin round the counter.

I now recommend Miller's Smokehouse 2nd & Penelope in Belton.... They're on Texas Monthly's 50 best BBQ list 2013

Back