• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Scorpion Covert Jeans

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
I've always ridden in jeans and despite knowing how little protection they offer, I finally got around to getting a pair of riding jeans. I have textile and leather riding pants but unless I'm actually going for a ride just to ride I'm wearing jeans 99% of the time.

Scorpion's Covert Jeans had good reviews on Revzilla and they retail for $120. They almost fit true to size. In my regular jeans from Gap, Banana, Express I wear 32x32. Revzilla has it listed as 32x32 but when I received them the tag says "Size 32". They wear like a 32x36 on me. I have to fold them over twice and they're still slightly long. I'll need to get them tailored to look proper.

They look like a regular pair of jeans I would wear. They're not boot cut or slim fit. Not quite dad jeans nor would a trendy teenager wear them. The denim is thicker than a normal pair of jeans, so much so that the clip on my pocket knives need help to slide over the denim.

The Kevlar lining on the inside isn't bad. Maybe because I'm used to wearing Kevlar rated to stop handgun rounds every day so this lightweight stuff is surprisingly comfortable. They're obviously warmer than a regular pair of jeans but not as hot as sweat pants. This was in today's high 90 degree heat on a 45 minute ride.

Overall I'm happy with them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I think most motorcycle legging stuff is on the long side. I recently got the Olympia Air glide 4 pants. They are a bit long, but when I close the velcro on them around my boots, it pushes the venting up where it should be.

Paid 229.95, plus tax from Moto Liberty in Dallas. I like the idea of having pads and better protection when riding, but I've also wondered about the jeans. Haven't tried any on as no one seems to make a cargo pants and I carry too much junk in my pockets.

I may have to go check these out as well.
:clap:

Glad you like them, I am slowly replacing my regular jeans with moto jeans/pants. Just wish that most didn't have the seams and stuff everywhere.

Last edited:
The Klim Fifty 1/2 are nice. They actually run a little big. Compared to my Scorpions, the Klim are significantly better, imo. But I don't think the quality difference is equal to the price difference. That said, I never wear the Scorpions given the choice.

How is the abrasion liner attached such that there is no exposed stitching?

I find the added length of moto trousers works out about right when in the seated position.

Forgot to mention the liner, which makes things much more comfortable so your leg isn't rubbing against Kevlar.

Up top they're sewn into the normal stitching. The Kevlar runs just below the knees, but there's a full length liner inside the jeans so that's attached at the bottom cuff.

Attachments

• scorpion.jpg
    scorpion.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 209
Back