• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SE Oklahoma

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Brogden
Standing invite has sat down. We will be leaving the mountain on 20 June 2020.

Standing invite. We have a little place about 60 miles north of Texas and 60 miles west of Arkansas. The wife makes great pies - crust is awesome. Bunk room with AC. I have a nice 240 mile route planned out that will take you on some of the best swoopy hill country roads around, including the scenic Talimena drive - lunch in Mena.

We'll leave a light on for ya. Just give me some notice and we'll make it happen.

Last edited:
Congrats on the place it looks beautiful. I know there are some Awesome places to ride in E. Oklahoma.

Thanks! We enjoy our 8 acres of country and keep making small improvements as we go. Enjoy having company - our dogs make everyone (except UPS) welcome.

What a generous offer! I hope to take y’all up on it. Also, maybe it’s just a coincidence, but I’m really good at eating great pies.

Very nice offer and a really pretty place. Bet you can sit on that deck for hours enjoying the view. You’re in a nice area. My wife and I are planning on selling our place as soon as I finish a few projects and we plan on buying in eastern OK. I was up there in May getting familiar with the topography, roads and towns. We will be looking for some acreage, a view and an all weather creek would be awesome. Western Arkansas is nice too but OK is closer to family.

Last edited:
There is 7 acres next to us that a friend bought. He is not moving up here and will sell it.

Had not 'heard' from you for a while, we were in Mena this past weekend and really enjoyed the two days of riding in the area.
Your offer is very nice, I may come....
:rider:

As long as we are able, by God's grace, we would welcome folks.

Six hours, 351 miles from Zephyr. Beautiful country. Seriously considering seeing your place and visiting before it gets cold. Thanks for your generous offer.
How's your Honda doing?

We would enjoy having you visit us! The Honda is running GREAT! I trimmed the fork spacers a bit and the handling is MUCHO better in the curves. Progressive Suspension folks told me to keep the stock spacers. Too long - stiff forks behaved badly leaning over in turns. It is much more fun now.:pirate:

Sure! At the present time, I work 4 ten hour days a week, with Friday off. Get home around 5PM Mon - Thurs. Beginning January, I will be working part-time.

That fire pit area is awesome! :thumb: I would love to have something like that in a place where it could be enjoyed.

Just out of curiosity, what are prices like for acreage there? Where I am, things start around $7K/acre with minimal trees, no septic/sewer, no water, maybe power nearby, dirt roads. If you want all those things, it gets up around $12-15K/acre REAL fast, especially the closer you get to a town! How is OK on property taxes? Things are getting nuts here in that regard.

I bought this property about 10 or 12 years ago. The price per acre was around $1,700 per acre. Electricity is easy to get, water is a little more problematic. We are out in the country - 5 miles from a small town, 20 miles from a small city (Lowes, Walmart). Property taxes are what run me out of my home state of Texas. With a 1,300 sq foot house, big garage, carport on 8 acres we pay $1,100 per year.

The 7 acres next to us is undeveloped, would have to share our driveway. We have a paved county road running along the west boundary of our place.

My wife found our land on this website: https://www.landsofamerica.com/Oklahoma/all-land/

Our Fall schedule has been filled up. The only open weekend we have to host riders is the last weekend of October. I work a 4 day week, have Friday off.

Back