• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SE Oklahoma

We had a day of winter recently. Light dusting of snow. Warm enough today for me to ride to work.

First Snow of 2020.jpg

Just saw this ...

It had been 30 years since I'd been through Broken Bow .... went back this past November ... holy cow has it ever grown!
Found a nice ride ... 144 from just north of Broken Bow to just south of Talihina. And lunch at the Hateful Hussie is always a treat.

I'll keep this kind offer in mind ... thank you

The weather is already showing signs of warming up! Sunny and 56 today. I've resigned from my part-time work, having been picked up by a former VP at my current place to work as a contractor for the company he is now working for. This work is more challenging and less demanding on my time. I drove my car on part of the route I have mapped out for motorcycle rides - good fun to be had!

Keep an eye on the warm days ahead and make plans to see the wonders of SE Oklahoma!

Looks like Spring has sprung! Likely no more freezing temperatures at night. Today it was sunny and 64. If you want to come for a visit and a ride, give me notice so I can make sure my schedule is open and we can clean up the bunk room.

It was 90 and sunny yesterday - a day for chores. Today was cloudy and 80 so I hit the road this morning for a 120 mile trip on some of the roads included in the route I have planned for riders who visit.

Much of the roads have no shoulder so there's no place to stop and take good pics. But there are exceptions.

A fun part of the planned ride is Hwy 82. The north leg has big sweeping turns as you climb up the hills heading south. The southern leg might be Oklahoma's Pig Trail: a handful of tight turns (15 - 30 MPH signs) as you lose altitude and head into the valley. The picture with the pedestrian crossing sign is at Robber's Cave State Park. The county road pic is about a quarter mile from our place.

As you can see, the trees are in full bloom. Make plans now for a visit and very fun ride!

Last edited:
One more pic! We just added a welcome sign to our driveway, making it easier to see where to turn in order to drive up the hill to our place.

The trash can behind it proves we are somewhat civilized

We helped move our son and his family from Seattle to San Antonio recently. His company promoted him and his Idaho native wife wanted to be able to raise their kids in a house. She concluded San Antonio was the best city in Texas. Our daughter and her family live about 25 minutes away in the eastern part of the city.

That brings us to this: My wife wants to be near our children. We've had a realtor come and out give us an appraisal on the place.

If he can sell it for the appraisal price, we will be moving to the San Antonio area.

Likely to be here a few more months, so if you want to ride what I've advertised, make plans.

Gowen population: 244
San Antonio population: 486,395,380,158,627,529~

Are you ready for this?

We would not be in Bexar county, much less in the city. We've visited our kids there and know what it's like. We are looking east and south of SA.

Aside from 28 May, we have open weekends through June if any of y'all want to come up and spend a couple days with us and ride some fun 240 miles around the hill country.

Have you ever lived in South Texas? I lived there for almost 30 years. Love the Tex-Mex culture and cuisine. Very hot dry climate. Summer starts around March and lasts until October but you get used to it.

Born in Texas and lived in the state about half my life, including high school in San Antonio and 16 years in Houston. Houston riding season is 11 and half months a year. :rider:

While I have grown to appreciate the seasons, my wife and I are looking forward to being close to our grandkids and on land that is less demanding on us.

We bought a one acre lot with lots of trees about 5 miles south of La Vernia. Hope to have everything ready by 3rd week of June.

Congrats on the move back to TX. Be sure on check out this place when u have a chance to relax.

Standing invite is officially over. Looks like we'll be moving end of this month and have mucho things to do and people to visit. See y'all in Texas.

Back