• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Seca 550

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
I saw this bike on Craigslist a week ago and just had to have her. 1981 Yamaha Seca 550. I had the same model back in the days. It is a survivor with a few mods and12,500 miles.her. I may get some new tires, give her a good look over and change the oil so I can take a ride before I begin the restoration.

photo15.jpg

Nice find! It's been a long time since I've seen one anywhere near that good of shape. Usually they've been repainted and/or the fairing is gone. My brother raced one of these against a hoard of GPZ550's in CMRA in 1981 and did pretty well. A guy named Charles Brothers in CMRA could really fly on his.

I don't know how others ran, but my brothers had a nice top end rush that reminded me of the RD's. Really fun bike. I hope you enjoy it.

I envy your find, VERY nice :clap:

I remember when this bike came out, and wanting one (in my 20's and no $ for a new ride). Really liked the factory cafe fairing and paint scheme. Look forward to seeing it at a TWT event after your resto.

These are nice around town riders. The fairing is an increasingly rare piece. I have a 650 and I've enjoyed it. Its a fun bike in the hill country and in N. Arkansas! Not so much for getting from here to there. I hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Great looking bike, and a great find. I'll bet it sounds sweet, too. Enjoy!

Nice, doesn't look like it needs a restore, Sweet bike and a nice find.

Nice find! It's been a long time since I've seen one anywhere near that good of shape. Usually they've been repainted and/or the fairing is gone. My brother raced one of these against a hoard of GPZ550's in CMRA in 1981 and did pretty well. A guy named Charles Brothers in CMRA could really fly on his.

I don't know how others ran, but my brothers had a nice top end rush that reminded me of the RD's. Really fun bike. I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah the GPZ 550's were everywhere back in the early 80's.

This thread has me wanting to find an early 80's bike and do a resto. There's good finds out there like this Seca 550.

Back