• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Seeking help to join CTOR in Salado/Killeen area

sigeye

Reaction score
I have been attempting to join CTOR over the last several weeks and I'm striking out. I ran into Bennie in person at CTOR when I was riding by on my GS, and we had a great visit and spoke about me joining this year. Now, after the heat of summer, I'm finally getting time to join for my daughter and I. We would be on a couple dirt bikes.

Issue is that I'm having a very hard time getting in contact with Bennie by phone, and the couple times I did he told me to call back or was clearly very occupied. Now I find myself in this endless cycle of calling and getting nowhere.

Does anyone have any advice for what would make this easier? If I need to just make a trip up there in person, I can do that. I'm also wondering if it would be smoother if an existing member helped lobby for my request to join. I know this is an odd post, but any help would be appreciated. Seems calling Bennie is the only public facing avenue right now.

Looks like to me, you feel out these forms, notarized as a new member, write check, and mail it in. Then you hope he does the right thing!

Looks like to me, you feel out these forms, notarized as a new member, write check, and mail it in. Then you hope he does the right thing!
I thought it was that simple too, until I spoke with him the first time. I have the forms completed, but I don't want to send him a check until he agrees to even allow a new member and define a price in the first place (with only a few months left in the year). The dilemma is mainly that I can't get real information from him. When we do connect, he simply tells me to call back. When I call back I can't reach him.

Kind of a crapshoot right now because their isn't a process to lean on, and I'm just at the mercy of his mood that day. haha

Wow, that seems sketchy. I don't the guy so not sure how he works.

Back