• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sep 20-22 Glenwood, AR ADV / Dual Sport Ride

Tony, I'm bringing my Husqvarna, so I might be up for some of that single track action - air temp pending.
I have limited range too, but between MacDaddy, 2WheelNut, GLFlyer, and Hubb06, there should be abut 12,000 gallons available. I always carry a syphon hose.
Gotcha, I'll watch the weather and update later this week

Bringing my son and a WR450 so there will be 2 or 3 little bikes.

The WR does have a larger tank though. I think I can get about 125 miles out of it...but that's just math. Never actually tried to go that far.

I'm still in on the Tenere. I'll probably be getting up there around noon on Friday and going for a ride.

I was going to come up on Friday late afternoon and come back Saturday. However, it looks like I would be in the rain the whole way there. So it looks like I will head west Friday.

Looks like rain Fri but I am going to arrive early enough for a ride as well. I hope to arrive by 1 or 2 pm at the latest. I will ride Sat but have to leave early Sunday to head home. Looking forward to the weekend.

Looks like 3 or 4 of us will be leaving DFW around 12:30 or 1. Looks like a fair amount of rain on Friday so not a lot of reason to get there early for Friday riding.

Saturday looks reasonably nice and we'll probably do a ride Sunday morning before heading home as well.

We do plan on cooking some steaks at the campground on Saturday night. We'll likely go shopping at the grocery store on Friday and / or bringing stuff from home. Plan on joining us for a "cookout" and we'll go from there.

Also... Glenwood and the entire county is dry so bring whatever adult beverages you want from home or pick them up in other counties. It's about a 30 minute drive one way from camp if you forget and decide you want some later.

I plan on taking 2WheelNut up on his kind invitation to ride up with him and Bob. Yeah, looking at Friday's weather report looks bad for riding in general. We should be good after that though. That place can take a lot of water and I bet the conditions the rest of the weekend will be about perfect. Also some of us talked about driving into Glenwood Friday night and having dinner at Ari's Little Italy. Good Stuff for sure!

FYI Hubb06, the last time we rode on Sunday we got going about 8:30 and finished right at noon if my memory serves correct. We'd like to get home at a reasonable time too.

Enroute! 😃

20190920_161042.jpg

20190920_161517.jpg

Our ETA is @ 7pm... We'll head to the campground to check in and get established before dinner.

Yes, the last picture makes that section look pretty wide open, almost big bike friendly 😰. All great guys to ride with for sure. I had a very good time this weekend and got to get my roost on.

Yes Jarrett, I know you keep count. Add one more to the list. :doh:

Seems like the temps were about 88-90/68. Lots of puffy cumulus clouds on Saturday. Overcast, misting and almost cool Sunday morning. They got some showers Friday and dust was not an issue over the weekend. That place can handle a lot of water and is usually best after some rain. 192 miles Saturday and a nice 83 miler Sunday morning which got us back around 11 am so we could all leave before it got late.

It was a great trip!

Wonderful meeting more and more TWTexans, and riding with folks from all walks of life. I love how 2 wheels brings us into contact with other's that we probably would never have interacted with as we go about our daily lives.

Weather was great for this time of year... was muggy at times, but never really got too hot. When it started drying out on Saturday... the dust started coming up, so like Steve said... it's always better after the rain or with a little mist. We did about 80% back-roads/20% on road. The back-roads were everything from single lane paved, to packed gravel, to loose gravel, to mud, to overgrown 2-track, to softball sized jagged rocks with quick transitions from one to the next. Keeps you on your toes. :)

I'm pretty sure the little bikes enjoyed it more than we did on the big bikes... but we did out best to hold our own. ;)

Thanks to Steve for leading the ride down some awesome Arkansas back-roads, and thanks to everyone that showed up for the additional memories that will help sustain me until my next "ADVenture". ;)

Ari's Little Italy: Let's see if I can get this right... Starting with Steve on the front left side of the table going clockwise...
@MacDaddy, @2WheelNut & his son Zach, @Flipit, @lotecredneck, @Hubb06, @GLFlyer, @sonicboom00
48781981756_81d5b21897_c.jpg

Dave (@2WheelNut) & his son Zach
48781982441_e16f6033f3_c.jpg

Steve (@MacDaddy) & his merry band of fools... ;)
48782152527_c996b78eb5_c.jpg

Steve... feeling a little "deflated". ;)
48781985711_1d595e043f_c.jpg

The neighbors came out to help... couldn't have picked a better place to have a flat. :)
48781987371_745a82d5a1_c.jpg

At the falls...
48781983461_55950dd519_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back