• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sep 20-22 Glenwood, AR ADV / Dual Sport Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Loggins
Time to do it again...we'll see if the weather scares people off or not this time.

The plan is to arrive September 20th and possibly get an afternoon ride in. Ride the 21st and some more the 22nd returning home the afternoon of the 22nd.

We're starting to get a good handle on the area and what routes make sense given the riders, bikes and weather. We'll figure out groups and routes as we get closer and know who will be there.

On the first trip last year we had 2 groups that essentially did the same route but at different speeds. We self divided into our desired pace and it worked pretty well. The overall route was big bike friendly (somewhat debatable but all seemed to have fun). The faster group had quite a few small bikes and they all seemed to have fun riding big bike friendly roads but at a bit faster pace. I'm still undecided if I'll take my WR450 or my R12GSA as both would be a lot of fun. I'm leaning towards the WR450 at present. I'll likely trailer...so I may take both.

Lodging: Base camp will be at Caddo Gap at Arrowhead Cabins and Canoe. http://www.caddocanoe.com (camping / cabins on the river). There are cabins or you can camp. It's a really great place and those that stayed there last time really enjoyed it. Alternatively, there are motels in Glenwood Ark, 8 miles away that are reasonably priced and will have more amenities. (Cabins have no cable or Internet if that matters to you.) I've reserved the River Cabin and have 3 in it at present. It sleeps 4 so speak up if you want the 4th spot.

In:
2WheelNut
MacDaddy
GLFlyer
FlipIt
Hubb06

Maybe:
MisterK
TxEvo8

Last edited:
I might be in......but I won't need no stinkin cabin. I think @maximus_flavius and I were going to do a history tour in S. Texas that weekend. But Arkansas.hmmmmm. choices choices.

I'm doing the CASA ride the weekend before and can't make this one. AR is some great riding, both paved and unpaved.

IN.

I'll take that bunk out on the porch, although I'm fixxin' to invite a couple of other guys, so we might get another cabin. I'll make a decision asap.

IN.

I'll take that bunk out on the porch, although I'm fixxin' to invite a couple of other guys, so we might get another cabin. I'll make a decision asap.
Let me know if you think you need another cabin. Bob and I could camp just as easily leaving the cabin for You, Steve and a couple others...

Or you can get another cabin.

I'm kind of 50/50 on whether I'd prefer camp or cabin. Either is fun.

I'm kind of 50/50 on whether I'd prefer camp or cabin. Either is fun.

Yeah, I think we are going to camp. I've got 2 guys, maybe 3 that would like to join the ride. Of course, if it doesn't cool off pretty soon, we will be scrounging for some air conditioned space.

Hey, if you link this to that original thread, does it send a notice to all those original 17 guys that were going to show up?

Hey, if you link this to that original thread, does it send a notice to all those original 17 guys that were going to show up?
I honestly don't know how it works but don't think it works that way.

However...maybe I could post this link to that thread and the people that subscribed to that thread might be notified.

I really don't think it's a matter of them not seeing this though. I think it's just a weekend where many have conflicts or are going to the CASA event the week before. It's ok...we can still have a blast with only 4 or 5 there.

...However...maybe I could post this link to that thread and the people that subscribed to that thread might be notified...
Yeah, that's what I meant. I only saw this because tperk listed it in a NTex TARA thread about upcoming rides.

Hey Guys, A newbie to the forum here. I have ridden for years but new to the dual sport world and the KLR 650. If a new guy is welcome, I will join you for the weekend's riding. I looked and other cabins are still available so I could still grab one if more room is needed. I would most likely drive up friday and trailer my bike for the local riding.

Hey Guys, A newbie to the forum here. I have ridden for years but new to the dual sport world and the KLR 650. If a new guy is welcome, I will join you for the weekend's riding. I looked and other cabins are still available so I could still grab one if more room is needed. I would most likely drive up friday and trailer my bike for the local riding.
New folks are welcome! :)

If there's 6 or more going, then I know in the past... they split into "easy going" and "a bit spirited" paces... so I know there will be some riding for your skill set. I've only been once and there was only 3 of us on the "spirited" pace, but I didn't see anything a KLR couldn't handle.

I'll be on my Super Tenere, and @2WheelNut is considering bring both his BMW GS1200 and his Yamaha WR450 depending on the route for that day. We will be trailering up as well.

New folks are welcome! :)

If there's 6 or more going, then I know in the past... they split into "easy going" and "a bit spirited" paces... so I know there will be some riding for your skill set. I've only been once and there was only 3 of us on the "spirited" pace, but I didn't see anything a KLR couldn't handle.

I'll be on my Super Tenere, and @2WheelNut is considering bring both his BMW GS1200 and his Yamaha WR450 depending on the route for that day. We will be trailering up as well.
Great, I just booked Cabin A for Fri and Sat night. It sleeps four so there is room for three more if anyone else needs a place to crash (sleep):)

Everyone still in? I'm counting 5 in plus maybe a couple more.

When are you all planning to get there?

I fly back from DC Friday morning. Leave around 5am and land at 8am. I'll then head home, pack, and try to get on the road by 11 or Noon and hopefully arrive at the campground around 3ish.

So far... I'm still looking good.
Have to work when I get home Sunday though. :(

I still plan on going. Prolly the only one out of my contingent though. The other guys are concerned about the heat.
Hope to be on the same schedule as you, 2WheelNut. Looking to sneak out of work between 10 and 12, heading straight out of town, only stopping in Sulpher Springs for some Bodacious BBQ.

I am still in and I also plan on a arrival around 3 ish. I still have a cabin reservation with room if needed.

Just realized the wife has oral surgery on Friday. I'll be with her for the day. Will ride up after I get her home safe. Probably late dinner time.

If the weather will break heat wise, I will probably make at least one day. I just got back from a ride in Colorado on my 690 so I am thinking about my 300XC, but the range is pretty limited unless I carry my gas bag. If anyone wanted to ride small bikes on single track /atv trails, Bear Creek is just 8 miles from Glenwood. There is a dual sport event in October in the White Rock area we want to attend and this would be a good time to break out the small bike for a warm up.

~Tony

Tony, I'm bringing my Husqvarna, so I might be up for some of that single track action - air temp pending.
I have limited range too, but between MacDaddy, 2WheelNut, GLFlyer, and Hubb06, there should be abut 12,000 gallons available. I always carry a syphon hose.

Tony, I'm bringing my Husqvarna, so I might be up for some of that single track action - air temp pending.
I have limited range too, but between MacDaddy, 2WheelNut, GLFlyer, and Hubb06, there should be abut 12,000 gallons available. I always carry a syphon hose.
That GSA of @2WheelNut's has like an 8 friggin' gallon tank! ;)

Back