• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: September meet n greet n eat

Wow, I just noticed I am down 2 times for going. Do I get free water with that?

Any of yall that wanna meet us on the fly thru Goatsville..... We'll slow down at FM116 & 84 about 7:30-7:40
Slater Rd is nice direct CR from FM1783 to Izoro then LCR3430 is anuther into Lampasas
Several CR choices south from there

X281

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Put everyone's water on my tab.

I think I'm out. If the show time was 11am it would be doable but I'd have to be up at 4 and out by 5 to make it by 9. If the weather had cooperated and a group of us could have meandered down there today, that would have been prefect!

You kids have fun.

I’ll be showing up for breakfast. Is there an estimed KSU for the goat ride? In case I decide to arrive late.

A little late but I am out. Sorry fellas. will be wrenching on the Hawk though. Doing the final push to get it rollign and rideable!!!

Foggy around Hamilton

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice morning ride! Stayed dry all day, and good to catch up with the twt crew.

This photo is from the west side of cow creek road, at least an inch of water moving fast across the surface. All other crossings on cow creek are actual bridges now, so no real drama. IMG_20180916_112934.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What a great time.
Left Granbury at 0615
picked up Doug in GR at 0630
Chose to blast down 281 in order to get there by 0900
Got into some light fog outside of GR
Fog got pretty dense around Hico and didn't lift until well beyond Hamilton
Running about 40 and stopped in Hamilton for about 20 minutes to let the sun get well above the horizon.
Pulled into Burnet right at 0900

Nice joint, Drew. Good choice. Pancakes were awesome and with real salted butter. I asked our wait-person (PC) if she was one of the crazy gals and she said one has to be crazy to work there. On some level, I understood ...

Met Preston with his very nice Ducati Multistrada. That is a sweet, sweet ride. Wished you would have ridden with us. I would have liked to have heard that dog bark. She sounded sweet leaving the parking lot.

Had breaky with Jorge (Ocho) ... nice guy. Claims he hasn't been riding very long. But is riding doesn't show that. I looked his Versys over and it's well a set up ... not being a Versys expert by any stretch.

Saw several regulars and enjoyed exchanging barbs. Met Jeff and one other rider whose name escapes me, both on dual sport Yamaha 250s I believe. They were hustling those little guys around pretty quick. Impressive.

I went through 10 or 12 water crossing and didn't fall even once. If the road was even damp all the way across, I count that.

Stopped at an old bridge for a quick rest. A local walked up from the church across the street and visited for a while. Offered to show us where a water hose was. Thought Doug was gonna run up the and wash his scoot. I know Ron would have.

Speaking of Doug ... one must experience Doug to fully appreciate him. The water crossing above was well over 6" of running water and he plowed through it in the FZ. Mad props, buddy.

Of course, the rad rod roads were back roads that were just awesome. If you missed them, you really missed them. Thanks Rod for leading on a great ride.

Rolled into my drive at 1615 hrs. Logged 332 miles.

Jus got home myself.... Drew & I hadnt had enuff...so we went to Shorty's Burgers n Pizza in Purmela about 2:30
If you're out on 84 west of Goatsville...b sure to stop there....Great food
41278d12ad1d778e5aad9211583c6768.jpg

Did you have breakfast today?....we did

Mitch...that old bridge was at the Joppa community on CR210/200 ..a fav shortcut coming from Belton to Burnet
The bridge with the water was on CR342/Morman Mill Rd jus north of Marble Falls a few miles
We had a pretty big ride group today....everyone kept the pace enjoyable & I didnt notice leading a large group so much. Thanx to all who joined in

Last edited:
It was a great riding day with only mild fog at the start of the route. The post lunch ride led by Rod was also outstanding. There were several roads I did not recognize. Once in Lampasas we stopped for coffee and bid farewell to the other riders. We did experience just a brief shower on Cow Creek Road. The versatility of the WR never ceases amaze me. The single cylinder 250cc is deceptively smooth.

Our group turned about 300 miles on the odometer. It was good to meet everyone and I look forward to the next M&G.

RB

A bowl of Oatmeal, Texas to start the day

i-c8GT6WD-L.jpg

Breakfast @ Crazy Gals Cafe

i-djL4Mzr-L.jpg

Liteitup's emergency motorcycle medical ID tag

i-w5nrXGm-L.jpg

I've tried a couple of different times to find that Oatmeal sign. Where exactly is it?
BobW

Where to begin? Mitch and I left Glen Rose at zero dark thirty (Navy term for too early). The ride went great until we couldn't see most of the way. But we made it to Burnet about 10 til 9 and everyone was already inside. We went in and had some of the best pancakes ever. Then we took off on a Rod-ride. It was great. On Friday I did about 5 miles of dirt road on the FZ1. Today I got to do a water crossing. I think she will do. Enjoyed the ride, got 332.3 miles all in when I got home. Here are some pictures I took.

Selfie at the Oat Meal sign

20180916_1106203.jpg

All the fellas at the oatmeal sign

20180916_110642.jpg

The bridge

20180916_1227061.jpg

Mitch and Drew at the bridge....

20180916_1227111.jpg

Drew had a question and a sign, I am a little confused.....

20180916_1223592.jpg

The fellas at the bridge

20180916_1225131.jpg

Me on the bridge

20180916_1223522.jpg

Home safe and sound, lots of fun, even with the water crossing. Thanks for the ride guys.

20180916_1605531.jpg

Looks like a good time was had.

If I had not been on call this past weekend, I would have been there as well.

Looks like a great time. Sorry to have missed it but was good seeing a friend that had come in from out of town that I hadn't seen in about 15 years.

Next time..

Thanks Rod, the reason I didn't find it was I didn't look behind the building when I was there. I looked on google earth after you told me and seen it. A good excuse for a ride now.

Had an amazing time on the ride, glad to meet people in the area that can show me a good road (or 10 haha). Breakfast sandwich was really good and I was surprised at the amount of people that showed up.

Had a blast on the way to Lampasas and the way back to Austin. Awesome pace, awesome roads, great fun. I'm still drilling good riding techniques to make them second nature and rides like this give me plenty of opportunity to put them to the test.

Thanks Rod for the ride. And for the maps!

I'll definitely join other ones.

Had breaky with Jorge (Ocho) ... nice guy. Claims he hasn't been riding very long. But is riding doesn't show that. I looked his Versys over and it's well a set up ... not being a Versys expert by any stretch.

:rider: You make me blush. Great meeting you Mitch, good conversation over breakfast. Cool bike!

I followed Jorge for quite a bit of the ride. Looks like you are doing very well, sir. Keep it up. Today, I am doing housework as I practice being retired.

Back