• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Seven Bridges Road

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
This track covers about 150 miles circling Lake Granger. It crosses both the San Gabriel and Little rivers.

It takes at least four hours to complete with brief stops at each historic bridge.

The route includes a good deal of larger aggregate gravel roads as well as several miles of low country dirt road. The gravel will be uncomfortably bouncy on street tires and the dirt portion would be no fun at all when wet.

This is a dualsport route for seasoned riders using dirt friendly tires.

Attachments

• Seven Bridges.gpx
    348.1 KB · Views: 548
  • Seven Bridges.kmz
    28.9 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Re: Sven Bridges Road

How was it that we can see this on google maps ? I know someone did it on another resent ride.

Vinny, I made a KMZ file for Google that should be better suited for phone navigation. See if it'll work for you. If so, let me know and I'll make the two formats a standard hence forth.

Forgive my gps ignorance please, but I am having problems transferring this gpx file to my nuvi 550. I've downloaded the file and opened it in basecamp and used the transfer command to get it on my nuvi, but even though it says that it transferred, when I turn on the nuvi and go to my data to import routes, it's not there. :doh:I would like to run this route because old bridges are way cool and it's close to where I live.(Elgin). Any help would be mucho appreciated. :giveup:

I'm not well acquainted with the Nuvi so someone else can probably do a much better job of answering this one.

Does the Nuvi handle tracks? Seems like I remember it does routes only. In BaseCamp:

Creating a Route Based on a Track

You can create a route based on a track in the Library and Devices area.

Click a track in the Library and Devices area.

Click File > New > Direct Route from Selected Track.

If necessary, deselect the Choose the number of points automatically check box, and enter the maximum number of via points you want included in the route.

Click OK.

Thanks RG, I think you may be right in that my nuvi does not import tracks, I'll give your suggestions a go and see if that works. Cheers!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-q7Mih69KE&sns=em"]"Seven Bridges Road"...By The Eagles - YouTube[/ame]

Im sure RG had this song in mind

There are three more bridges within five miles of Thorndale, across Brushy creek. On of the two is operational. One is on maybe private property, but is dilapidated.

Back