• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Share your Top 5 Places to go eat on a Bike in Texas.

You guys keep the recommendations coming, Tony or I will get them on the map. I am little behind, I have 4 or 5 to add. I'll get them done in the next few days.

We had lunch yesterday at the Edom Bakery and Grill in Edom Texas http://www.edombakery.com/. I had brandied chicken and mushrooms with green beans and yellow squash as sides. The chicken was excellent and the vegetables were done just right with the beans still bright green and crisp.

I actually like this place better than the more popular The Shed Cafe across the street http://www.theshedcafe.com/. The Shed is good and they have my favorite buttermilk pie but the quality of the food at The Edom Bakery is just a touch better.

Another good place is Wenzel's Lonestar Meat Co. in Hamilton. It is just east of the square at 209 Bell ST.

On Fridays(only) they serve "Pork Butt" sandwiches. These are better than any I have gotten in the Smoky Mountains.

Other days they serve off the deli menu. We have only eaten on Pork Butt Fridays. Well worth the trip.

We had lunch yesterday at the Edom Bakery and Grill in Edom Texas http://www.edombakery.com/. I had brandied chicken and mushrooms with green beans and yellow squash as sides. The chicken was excellent and the vegetables were done just right with the beans still bright green and crisp.

Sad news... The Edom Bakery is gone. As in boarded up. :-(

can we pin this & update the map?

I'll spend some time on the map. I have not spent any time on it lately. I was wondering if anyone used it. :shrug:

I'll get back on it. :thumb:

edit add: If any of the places on the map need removed, please let me know. If we have new ones to go on, we'll get it on the map. Also remember the map is 2 pages, so if its not on the first, it may be on the 2nd. Thanks.

Looooong Ride from Houston but worth a trip

1. Tom's Cafe - jalapeno grits with shrimp or Duck are to die for.
2. Ripe Eatery - Anything
3. Tabla - anything.

All in El Paso

I'll spend some time on the map. I have not spent any time on it lately. I was wondering if anyone used it. :shrug:

I'll get back on it. :thumb:

edit add: If any of the places on the map need removed, please let me know. If we have new ones to go on, we'll get it on the map. Also remember the map is 2 pages, so if its not on the first, it may be on the 2nd. Thanks.
I forgot all about this thread. Glad it came back up. I'm going to look it over Jack and hit a few.

I was looking the list over and noticed Elaine's in Coldspring. I have a place right outside of Coldspring and know it has changed its name but can't remember to what. Next time I'm there I'll try it out, most likely for breakfast and see if it's ok and give you the new name.

I also noticed Roadhouse, your RTE to Bastrop a few years ago is not listed. I rode up there right before Christmas looking for a RV spot for the upcoming Moto GP and remembered it and ate there. I still think they make a good burger.

I haven't had much time lately to update the map either. Hopefully I can get back to it. I'm thinking I might have to make multiple maps to try and keep it manageable, East, Southeast, South, Southwest, West, etc.

Also like Jack I didn't know it was getting used.

Posting with Tapatalk while riding my Tiger 955i at 15 over the speed limit.

not much of a ride for me,
1) Miss Tina's in Montgomery, always great food and the deserts are out of this world!

not much of a ride for me,
1) Miss Tina's in Montgomery, always great food and the deserts are out of this world!

AMEN

I haven't had much time lately to update the map either. Hopefully I can get back to it. I'm thinking I might have to make multiple maps to try and keep it manageable, East, Southeast, South, Southwest, West, etc.

Also like Jack I didn't know it was getting used.

Great idea, please do. :clap:

Hard 8- Stephenville, TX
Salt Lick BBQ- Driftwood, TX
Loco Coyote-outside Glen Rose, TX
Bluebonnet Cafe-Marble Falls,TX
Cafe Cenizio- Marathon, TX

Choosing 5 in Texas, a state that has so many great places to eat and ride to, was to say the least, a challenge. And as much as I like the food at the above places, it is the ride that what makes it even better.

Most of mine have been posted----

-For something different try Doc's Hot Links on 271 in Gilmer...

Bodacious ,a Local BBQ chain in Longview area , Loop 281 is my favorite..

NE La--- Coney Island on South 2 nd in Monroe , Mohawk Tavern and Geno's Deli/Pizza on Louisville (hwy 80) in Monroe. Original Johnny's Pizza in West Monroe

You know, I almost blindly posted up a few places, but then decided to read what everyone else said first. There are so many good places, I can't choose. That said, I'm just gonna bookmark this thread, then stuff my face :eat::beer:

I'm all for a Texas ride to eat list/map. Maybe we can see if Butler Maps would like to add that in as a bonus, and see if the royalties can go towards keeping this great site running :grin:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back