• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Share your Top 5 Places to go eat on a Bike in Texas.

I would like to reiterate the Ace Cafe in Vanderpool. Nothing like having a meat pie among all those beautiful bikes.
Good burgers too. They have cheap t-shirts also and the owner is a hoot to talk to. To burn off some calories after lunch Lost Maples is just down the road. That place has some serious climbing.

Went rather quickly through the thread and I do believe that there may be a good one missing:

Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia

Here in the RGV I sometimes ride to

Sweet Gregory P's, Port Mansfield (bbq)
Kountry Kitchen, Raymondville (breakfast)

There is also

Koyote Ranch, between Medina and Kerrville (Friday Fish Fry & Breakfast)

Kings Inn, Riviera (fantastic seafood, family style)

Went rather quickly through the thread and I do believe that there may be a good one missing:

Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia

Here in the RGV I sometimes ride to

Sweet Gregory P's, Port Mansfield (bbq)
Kountry Kitchen, Raymondville (breakfast)

There is also

Koyote Ranch, between Medina and Kerrville (Friday Fish Fry & Breakfast)

Kings Inn, Riviera (fantastic seafood, family style)
I've been to the Lost Maples Cafe, good food but don't be in a hurry. Kings Inn has good seafood but I had to double up on my Zocor for the next couple of days.

After last Saturday's pie run, I think Lucy's Moms Cafe in Aubrey is worth adding! Get the philly or patty melt & Choc pie.

if you wanna add some good Okla haunts (besides Meers Store) here are 5:

Esihen's Bar, 108 S 2, Okarche, Oklahoma, 73750 (they say oldest bar in the state and they say best fried chicken) (I can verify they sell fried chicken)

Ingrid's Kitchen, 3701 North Youngs Boulevard Oklahoma City, OK 73112 (I recommend this great German food, sandwiches and bakery.)

Pete's Place, 120 SW 8th Krebs, OK 74554 (local Italian food from immigrant coal miners from the turn of the last century) (several other local cafes there)

Enrique's Restaurant, The Airport, 2213 N Waverly Street, Suite 3, Ponca City, OK 74601 (perhaps one of the best Mexican restaurants in the US- fliers from all over the country stop here just for the food)

Crow Creek Tavern & Restaurant, 3534 S Peoria Ave, Tulsa, OK. (Bar & Grill in Tulsa Brookside area, fireplace and rider haunt)

if you wanna add some good Okla haunts (besides Meers Store) here are 5:

Esihen's Bar, 108 S 2, Okarche, Oklahoma, 73750 (they say oldest bar in the state and they say best fried chicken) (I can verify they sell fried chicken)

Ingrid's Kitchen, 3701 North Youngs Boulevard Oklahoma City, OK 73112 (I recommend this great German food, sandwiches and bakery.)

Pete's Place, 120 SW 8th Krebs, OK 74554 (local Italian food from immigrant coal miners from the turn of the last century) (several other local cafes there)

Enrique's Restaurant, The Airport, 2213 N Waverly Street, Suite 3, Ponca City, OK 74601 (perhaps one of the best Mexican restaurants in the US- fliers from all over the country stop here just for the food)

Crow Creek Tavern & Restaurant, 3534 S Peoria Ave, Tulsa, OK. (Bar & Grill in Tulsa Brookside area, fireplace and rider haunt)

I'll second for Enrique's. Have many relatives in Ponca City and Enrique's is a regular stop whenever we visit.

I've noticed there are not a lot of places up in North East Texas on the map. I found a pretty good one yesterday in Paris. It's Jaxx Gourmet Burgers in Paris, Tx. It's right on the corner of the town square at 10 Clarksville St.

I had the Diablo Chicken Fried Steak, it's chicken fried steak with a twist. Instead of being covered with gravy it's covered with their homemade chili, cheese, onions, and jalapenos. You get two sides with it and toast. I had a salad and fried okra. The other choices are mashed potatoes or fires. It's a pretty large chunk of steak and with the chili and cheese is very filling so you best be hungry. Their selections of burgers and sandwiches looks interesting too. The menu http://www.jaxxburger.com/menu.html

Sutton County Steakhouse
1306 N. Service Rd.
Sonora, Texas 76950

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sutton+County+Steak+House,+Sonora,+TX&hl=en&ll=30.579865,-100.648005&spn=0.002399,0.00327&sll=30.580114,-100.648257&sspn=0.001204,0.001635&oq=sutton+county+ste&t=h&gl=us&hq=Sutton+County+Steak+House,&hnear=Sonora,+Sutton,+Texas&z=19"]Map here[/ame] (where the 'B' marker is)

Food Shark, Marfa:
Food Shark, Marfa

Don't know why that second one isn't showing the map...

Also, could you change the name of the Map? It shows just as "Two Wheeled Texans" instead of something a bit more descriptive like "TWT Eateries" or such. I've got several maps like this in 'My Maps' so meaningful names are helpful...

Last edited:
Johnny's BBQ in Seguin. Anytime is good, but try during the weekday lunch hour to see what home cookin' is on the menu that day. They do more than the BBQ.

Freiheit Country Store outside New Braunfels

Steve

+1 on Freiheit Country Store

I also like Hairsmith's post about places that are great to picnic or just take a nice break. Still pondering if those should be on a map by themselves. If this map goes well, I am thinking a map that would have great places to pull over and enjoy a break along with some of the information from the thread about all of the cool places that Texas has to check out (scenic overviews and historical sites that would make a good break spot or a destination).

I think the picnic/RTE idea is a pretty good one. The East Tx crew did one at Love's Lookout N of Jacksonville and I really enjoyed the ride and the visit. I bet if we put our heads together we would find a lot of places that would work well for that sort of event. Especially on mild weather days.

This is already a fantastic resource. Adding the picnic info would put it over the top.

I forgot to mention Brietzke Station, in downtown New Berlin. Burgers and other wonderful countryfied foods. Plus, it's a bit off the interstate, so you get to ride all FM's to reach them.[ame="http://maps.google.com/?ll=29.463458,-98.099928&spn=0.002223,0.007403&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=29.463461,-98.101964&panoid=YBAuSNetHO8uI-84IMmM3g&cbp=12,91.15,,0,5.04"]Brietzke Station[/ame]

I just spent the last couple of weeks on the coast. No epic biking but the food is. In Fulton I liked Hammerheads for seafood. The gumbo was dang good, I'll buy a gallon next time. On the water in Fulton is Blue Moon, good burgers and seafood. In downtown old Rockport is the Beachhouse cafe. Its in a old gas station and everything we had was excellent. Great atmosphere!.... Macs BBQ in Rockport is very good.... Stevie Lews BBQ on 35 just south of the LBJ causeway has great BBQ. They have the best beans and great creme corn. They are family run, the teen age son is the pit boss. Stevies is only open on fri. sat and sun. and is very affordable............Shempys between Rockport and Aransas Pass has excellent food. I love the catfish, talapia and bread pudding. I could go on but I'm getting hungry.

Had lunch last Thursday at Lun's in Junction. I thought it was good BBQ, and later, talking to Stingray (big man), he said the 2 meat plate was enough for two, which means 4 for the normal person. :eat: :eat3::eat3::chug:
Plus there is a decent gift shop.

Found another on the way to the TAR:

Doss Country Store

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Doss+Country+Store&hl=en&hq=Doss+Country+Store&radius=15000&t=m&z=17"]Doss Country Store - Google Maps[/ame]

1. Tookie's Hamburgers / Seabrook

2. Dan's Hamburgers / Austin (breakfast)

3. Ryan's Smokehouse BBQ / Webster

4. Chuy's Comida DeLuxe / Austin, Houston, NASA

4. Java Noodles (Indonesian) / East Austin

Two good hamburger places are Herd's in Jacksboro and The Green Pickle in Glen Rose. A friend and I are planning to ride to the Alamo Springs Store on our Beemers Fri.

Kott's Cafe in Anderson. Great chow - they close around 2 PM on Saturday.

I went to the "big texan"in 2007(Amarillo).Loved the place and the food!

Back