• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sherco 300 4stroke Factory editiion

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Had one of my best friends just buy a Sherco 300 4st Factory Edition Enduro model. I took it out for a spin yesterday while we were playing. I did take it somewhat easy as I
really did not want to be the first to drop it at speed. Nothing worse than bringing a guys shiny new bike scratched and muddy

I did give it a good test ride on some single track and I was very impressed, if I was shopping for a new bike and was thinking of going back four stroke, it would be on my
short list.

Great bottom end for a modern under 450 4 stroke, as the 250s always seem a touch soft on the bottom this did not. The suspension was very smooth for a bike with only 5 hours on it and not fully broken in. Power seemed very linear enough snap to wheelie over obstacles without a clutch slip just throttle up and pull back. Very little engine braking for a 4 stroke which I liked

Very well set up carb, throttle was smooth with no flat spots or hesitation the kind of set up that makes you wonder what all the FI fuss is about. I honestly had to double check to make sure it was carbed instead of fuel injected

Had one of my best friends just buy a Sherco 300 4st Factory Edition Enduro model. I took it out for a spin yesterday while we were playing. I did take it somewhat easy as I
really did not want to be the first to drop it at speed. Nothing worse than bringing a guys shiny new bike scratched and muddy

I did give it a good test ride on some single track and I was very impressed, if I was shopping for a new bike and was thinking of going back four stroke, it would be on my
short list.

Great bottom end for a modern under 450 4 stroke, as the 250s always seem a touch soft on the bottom this did not. The suspension was very smooth for a bike with only 5 hours on it and not fully broken in. Power seemed very linear enough snap to wheelie over obstacles without a clutch slip just throttle up and pull back. Very little engine braking for a 4 stroke which I liked

Very well set up carb, throttle was smooth with no flat spots or hesitation the kind of set up that makes you wonder what all the FI fuss is about. I honestly had to double check to make sure it was carbed instead of fuel injected
Wow, had no idea there were any new model carbed 4stks these days. You sure you're sure? Sherco shows it to have the same Synerject system Beta uses.

Last edited:
4-stroke, single
Displacement:303.68cc
Bore & Stroke:84 x 54.80mm
Fueling:Synerject digital electronic fuel injection
Starting system:Electric
Battery:122V Shido Lithium-ion
Exhaust:Stainless steel header pipe, Akrapovic muffler w/catalytic converter
Transmission:6-speed
Clutch:Hydraulic
Ignition:220W Alternator

But you said you looked at it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,come on, fess up! ;-)
I guess I did not look close enough as I was too anxious to ride. I will say it was as smooth as a carbed bike as the throttle response on any other FI bike I have ridden although they run perfect the response is more abrupt not as easy to modulate and is not as linear as a carb response. This one was guess that is how I convinced myself modern tech was just a perfectly set up carb

Bikes that are made for people that respect quality rather than the masses will nearly always deliver . My beta is 2011 I had to buy a new gas valve for the tank this year and a crankcase vent line failed two years ago otherwise nothing but oil changes .

I wonder if anyone on this forum has actually bought a Sherco. I know a pretty huge slice of riders, I know of one on a Sherco. Just looking for input on life with one. Also, a big fear is trying to unload one when the time comes to sell. I could see that being very hard to do.

I wonder if anyone on this forum has actually bought a Sherco. I know a pretty huge slice of riders, I know of one on a Sherco. Just looking for input on life with one. Also, a big fear is trying to unload one when the time comes to sell. I could see that being very hard to do.
There are certain brands you just don't see on shop floors of larger Mc shops or even on a sign out front. Sherco, Beta and even GasGas are those brands. And so many people don't even know who they are. I don't see anyone on these brands in SX or the outdoor MX series. I had to look on the net to see who sells them since any store I pass by on the road regularly only has the big Japanese 4 and KTM/Husky.

Magnolia sells Sherco but I'd not have known it. As often as I pass by, the place is in a very small space in a strip mall next to a liquor store. They put their Chinese 4 wheelers on display in the parking lot so I just ride on by without another thought. No sign out front advertising Sherco. And judging by the price, only an enthusiast with good mechanical skills is going to buy one since "would you trust a small Chinese dealer to work on your 12-14k dollar bike if it has a mechanical failure?"

As for unloading one... owning a unique brand is very difficult to move. As cool and well appointed as my Christini was, it took a year to find a curious buyer and I sold it at less than half what I had in it despite only having about 8 hours on it.

Last edited:
There are certain brands you just don't see on shop floors of larger Mc shops or even on a sign out front. Sherco, Beta and even GasGas are those brands. And so many people don't even know who they are. I don't see anyone on these brands in SX or the outdoor MX series. I had to look on the net to see who sells them since any store I pass by on the road regularly only has the big Japanese 4 and KTM/Husky.

Magnolia sells Sherco but I'd not have known it. As often as I pass by, the place is in a very small space in a strip mall next to a liquor store. They put their Chinese 4 wheelers on display in the parking lot so I just ride on by without another thought. No sign out front advertising Sherco. And judging by the price, only an enthusiast with good mechanical skills is going to buy one since "would you trust a small Chinese dealer to work on your 12-14k dollar bike if it has a mechanical failure?"

As for unloading one... owning a unique brand is very difficult to move. As cool and well appointed as my Christini was, it took a year to find a curious buyer and I sold it at less than half what I had in it despite only having about 8 hours on it.
Shop in Magnolia has Sherco and Beta. He has 1 - 250 4T Sherco and I think 1 demo 4 stroke d/s Beta. With Beta you usually order by BYOB on their website and have it delivered to your local store to finish transaction. I don't know if any shop actually stocks them. He said he'd have some new bikes next month. Not sure if that means August or September as this was only yesterday. I don't think I'm going with it, they're not 12-14K but it'd be close to 10 or better. Plus I promised myself I wouldn't go 250 4T, done it 3-4 times and never end up being happy, lol. I know the 250 4T are plenty fast, my buddy proves evrytime out. They don't fit my style. And thinking about the beating trying to sell, I'll pass.

I have no idea who his mechanic is but Ronnie, the owner, is a nice guy and an offroad rider. He does volunteer in the forest work also. Kudos for that.

Back