• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

sherwood, tx

Reaction score
went to sherwood the other day to get a picture "tag" for another forum. i really expected the town to be barren. i stopped at the back side of the courthouse to take a couple pictures. i had ear plugs in but heard a voice behind me. i met a Mr Buck Bradford. he told me he went to school in sherwood, no school there now. he told me a few stories of when he was growing up in the area. and how the area declined when the railroad chose another route. i regret now that i didn't take a picture of mr bradford.

the night before and the morning of my ride i kept wondering if i should make the 240mi, one way, ride out to sherwood just to take a pic and participate in an online game. i had been off work for awhile and was about to go back to the grind so i decided to go. it was totally worth it. i met, and got to talk to, mr bradford. and also spoke to, didn't exchange names, with a fella that was restoring the depot in brady. i also got to experience other areas of tx that i have never seen.

it seems like the best days are the ones ya don't plan...

buildingsandbridges033.jpg

When I started riding (in 1972), a group of us bought small DP 2 strokes & one of our routine loops around San Angelo includled Sherwood. The we found the trails at the lake, took the mirrors & tail lights off & quit riding the pavement. I was on a CT 175 Yamaha. The biggest bike in the group was a Suz TS 400. Thanks for the memory.
Is the Brady depot still an upscale (for Brady) restaurant?

That's how you see the real Texas. I am so glad I've started collecting courthouses. You can see so much of the state.

Back