• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF Trail Status

Luckily I'm a member at Cycleland with 60 miles of one way trails for my main riding. I've never had anyone in our group be bored yet! I'm getting old so soon I imagine. It's all perspective I bet the majority of guys I ride with would think fighting a big bike as boring. And most of them have both. I can't get any of them to try it.

Luckily I'm a member at Cycleland with 60 miles of one way trails for my main riding. I've never had anyone in our group be bored yet! I'm getting old so soon I imagine. It's all perspective I bet the majority of guys I ride with would think fighting a big bike as boring. And most of them have both. I can't get any of them to try it.

Big bikes can be trying at times. It gives me the sense of accomplishment that comes from challenging myself though. Years of high adrenalin "stuff" has probably warped me. lol
Starting to drizzle here in Conroe. If it's not raining tomorrow I might hit the trails and work on some skills.

^^^How was it?^^^
Still a little rain here in Conroe. Looks like I'll have to hit the trails tomorrow.

123601718_10224172039910416_6358095788785679556_o.jpg

Yep. I rode Monday. It was almost perfect. Enough mud holes to keep you on your toes when you bust around a corner and great traction with little dust. As much traction as 125 hp will let you have :)

IMG_4666.jpg
IMG_4667.jpg

I'd like to try out the trails, but I'm limited to weekends for now, and to be honest I'm out of good riding shape. I would not be in racer mode for sure.

Maybe Saturday the 14th?

I checked out the East and West trails this past Sunday/Monday for the first time and had a blast. Personally I preferred the East trails, seemed like they flowed better and had less endless whoops and sand which felt a little torturous trying to navigate on my stock(ish) DRZ (maybe I just need to hit the gym more). Nonetheless I'm glad I experienced em all, can't wait til I can get back. Whoever took that bigboy KTM out there is my new hero.

I checked out the East and West trails this past Sunday/Monday for the first time and had a blast. Personally I preferred the East trails, seemed like they flowed better and had less endless whoops and sand which felt a little torturous trying to navigate on my stock(ish) DRZ (maybe I just need to hit the gym more). Nonetheless I'm glad I experienced em all, can't wait til I can get back. Whoever took that bigboy KTM out there is my new hero.

That would be me on the 1090R. I think I saw you. Glad to see people out there riding. Like I have mentioned before on here, I love the challenge of my KTM 1090R on the trails, so much dang fun. Even the whoops.

Last edited:
Woodsguy is the real McCoy. Fast as **** on anything. Much respect from a former torcs competitor to another.

Woodsguy is the real McCoy. Fast as **** on anything. Much respect from a former torcs competitor to another.
Thanks for the kind words but that is past tense now. Just an old man now.

So to satisfy you I need to be dumb enough to ride through mud. Hmmm I'll pass. With those tires I don't do mud. I have to use this bike for commuting, hence the tires I run. Sorry I don't meet your standards. And as I've said before i much prefer a proper dirt bike. I guess you'll have to carry the hero status.

Wow. Wasn't trying to trigger anyone, never said anything about mud. Bikes still get dirty, even without mud on the trails. Just thought it funny that the 1st thing you do is post a pic of a bike you rarely ride on the trails. No worries, I understand now. Your ego's safe here, carry on with your bad self.

Grab a beer in person

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
woodsguy doesn't drink. I can only say this once. I've met more great people through TWT over the past 10+ years than I can remember. And without prejudice to others on that list, woodsguy comes in at the very top.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Back