• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF Trail Status

I've never met him and have gathered that myself. What I meant was maybe if communication was ftf some of the confusion of text would dissolve. Grab a bbq sammich or whatever

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

One thing that sent us for a loop, was that using google maps the east trail head navigation sent me to a youth rehabilitation facility a mile or two away from the trail head. We got some funny looks cruising around the place for a few minutes before realizing where we needed to go. I sent a correction to google asking them to relocate the trail head to the proper location. I'll keep an eye on it and make sure it gets fixed.

FB_IMG_1604882616924.jpg

FB_IMG_1604882626957.jpg

Dude was riding with my boss, on the tram trail. Hit a pine tree, getting screws tonight. Prayers for him.

Don't know what happened yet, but that can be extremely fast, straight section if you're brave. I bet its close to 3/4 mile or more as fast as you're brave enough to do. I try to just cruise it around 30. But still hit a root or mess up on one of the whoops, not good.

Those pine trees just don’t give. Had my driver’s license only 3 months when I tried to cut one in two with mom’s Pontiac Catalina. Needless to say, the tree is still standing. The Pontiac is probably recycled metal in a fire hydrant somewhere.

Don't know what happened yet, but that can be extremely fast, straight section if you're brave. I bet its close to 3/4 mile or more as fast as you're brave enough to do. I try to just cruise it around 30. But still hit a root or mess up on one of the whoops, not good.
Where is the Tram Trail? I dont remember seeing that one. Hope your buddy has a sleedy recovery and is back at it soon.

Where is the Tram Trail? I dont remember seeing that one. Hope your buddy has a sleedy recovery and is back at it soon.
Just to clarify, I don't know the young man, was riding with my boss!
Now the "tram" trail is a long straight on a raised track that was obviously built up for some reason at sometime. You've probably been down it. It's a mile or so in on the Big Loop off of Woodpecker. It's part of the Big Loop.

Wow. That's not good. Hopefully he has a fast, healthy recovery . I know where that is and I have to force myself to keep the speed down as it's tempting to let her rip through that section like woodsguy said.

There are several blind corners out there and I had a close call myself several years ago.

Having never ridden there (but sure would like to soon) is there a reason for two-way? Aren’t most of the trails loops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having never ridden there (but sure would like to soon) is there a reason for two-way? Aren’t most of the trails loops?

Yes and no, good discussion in that link. Reason.

Been saying I would for a year now. I have three week’s vacation to take before the end of the year....so during the week would work. Any tour guides available?

That is one reason I don’t make getting to the forest a priority. It is 2.5 hours away and bi-direction trails. I definitely slow down and stay to the right when I can’t see. Most of my experience there is weekend and holidays so I’m usually there when crowded.

Homeowner near Kelly Pond in SHNF complaining about trash up and down her road. Of course I'm a rider and try to defend us. But pretty sure most of this is hunters and folks that dwell in forest. Lol. Still very sad and preventable. And some riders are guilty to most I see take out more than they bring in. We understand the need to protect our riding area.

Homeowner near Kelly Pond in SHNF complaining about trash up and down her road. Of course I'm a rider and try to defend us. But pretty sure most of this is hunters and folks that dwell in forest. Lol. Still very sad and preventable. And some riders are guilty to most I see take out more than they bring in. We understand the need to protect our riding area.

Well said, and yes, very frustrating. People continue to amaze me. Was traveling for work today and watched a guy at a convenience store put two Sprite cans on the ground in the parking lot, while sitting in his car. Too lazy to get out and throw them in the trash can.

"Massive props to this group.
They went out and picked up trash along the road to Kelly's Pond!!"

Back