• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF Trail Status

Multi-use trails are closed due to accumalitive rainfall until further notice.

Rode a little bit today. Still some decent sized mud holes but nothing too crazy. Only rode woodpecker from 208 to KP, back to 208. And a short bit of lake loop off 1375.
Sure meet a lot of Aussie's on our trails. Great to see people getting out. Walt R and I will probably be riding tomorrow afternoon if any big bikes are up for it.

Went out Thursday, it was great! Poured yesterday, hotline says open but I could see it closing. definitely call before you haul. sterling Ranch said 1 1/2 inches at his place, figure at least that much in the Sam. 9363446205 x2

Walt R and I rode Thursday afternoon. Basically just stayed around west trails. KP and 208 Talked to one guy on a CRF450. Aside from a small SxS that was pretty well it. When did you ride @woodsguy ?

FB_IMG_1607821509819.jpg

"Rob a few mudholes and a few greasy spots. Zero dust. About as good as it gets in the forest. "

From a friend today, sure thought it would be washout.

We got a ton of rain Sunday, I'd call before I went after they open Monday.

due to excessive rain the MUT will be closed at least through the weekend...stay safe and eat the blackeyed peas we need the good luck........

12-31-20

As of Monday night still closed more rain Wednesday. May not open today. Was hoping!!

I got disoriented in Colorado one night after tracking an elk. We were looking down following blood and it got dark. Followed a drainage out that was the wrong one. Luckily I still knew basically where I was and got my compass out and headed south which lead to a forest service road and then back around to the truck. Just a couple hours late for supper.

8160d998-07ef-496f-91c3-b9c463f77873.png

SAM HOUSTON TRAILS COALITION​

BECOME A MEMBER​

HELP THE CAUSE​

Important Information!​

PLEASE READ AND PASS ON​

It's that time again! Time to renew your SHTC membership.

2020 is behind us...
2021 promises to be an exciting year for the SHTC:
  • RRT will be open soon!
  • Ready to launch the LSHT parking lot project!
  • Fundraising Efforts For The LSHT Bridge Project Are Going Well!
The Cycling, Equestrian, and At-Large Director positions will be open for election in May.
Memberships are for the calendar year. 2020 members who renewed in Q4 are all set for 2021.

If you have not renewed yet please click the link above or go to the SHTC web site and renew your membership. Thank you for your support of the SHTC.

I was part of it before I had to quit riding out there. Was good to be part of and enlightened me on some of the politics involved in keeping the trails open. The politics was frustrating because of those who had personal beliefs against motorized vehicles in the woods, because it served only their belief and theirs alone. But I was thankful there were better people than I who could handle that side of things. Only other gripe I had was dealing with the mountain bike guy who had way too much influence in the coalition. He was bent on getting rid of the dirt bikes if he could and keep the trails to the pedal-philes and equestrians only. Can't remember names from that far back. For me, I really just wanted to be apprised of ongoings and when the work days were.

Still, I recommend joining for anyone.

My guess is not this weekend, Monday after 8 maybe.

Call before you haul.

9363446205 x2

For sure, I'll probably just lock down some plans for CTOR, didnt know if any of you SHNF pros had the top secret inside scoop, 😜 because it would be my 1st choice, it's still pretty wet here as well. Will have to just dream about getting back for now until the weather agrees. Thanks all the same!

Back