• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF Trail Status

Good to see some people giving the east side some love. Was always difficult to get a group to NOT start at Kelly's Pond. Only reason to consistently go to KP is if you camp. Lots of people forgetting that the east side has good trails too. Gotta keep the paths beaten down also because if they grow over, there's risk of them getting shut down rather than remedied.

I enjoyed the riding on the east side. I had only been there once before and usually gravitated to the KP, 208 TH etc. Fern was a good trail. Some of the slower tight turns were fun on the big bike just to work on balance.

Reactions: fly
Anyone checked the trails after all the rain we had?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

There hasn't been a lot of rain here. That little 10 min bit we had Sunday afternoon might have knocked the dust down a little if at all. I'm waiting to see if W's 1290 is fixed this week. He had a bunch of TFT errors and some other failures when he rode home the day the 3 of us rode. It's been in since then I think.

There hasn't been a lot of rain here. That little 10 min bit we had Sunday afternoon might have knocked the dust down a little if at all. I'm waiting to see if W's 1290 is fixed this week. He had a bunch of TFT errors and some other failures when he rode home the day the 3 of us rode. It's been in since then I think.
That's a bummer. I know here around Cypress we had a lot of rain last week. Was up there Sunday, but my gfs naked bike doesn't like sand. Didn't get to really check the trails.

East side trails were in very good shape yesterday. Lake loop had just a few small puddles. Northwest, Fern, Zebra and YCC trails had bigger mudholes and more of them but only a few that you couldn't skirt around the edges if desired.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That's a bummer. I know here around Cypress we had a lot of rain last week. Was up there Sunday, but my gfs naked bike doesn't like sand. Didn't get to really check the trails.

Hey dude, Walter and I plan on riding the trails next week sometime. probably a couple days back to back if your up for it. He p/u a new scooter so he's wanting to hit the single track.
Goes for anyone riding a big bike...the more the merrier.

Hey dude, Walter and I plan on riding the trails next week sometime. probably a couple days back to back if your up for it. He p/u a new scooter so he's wanting to hit the single track.
Goes for anyone riding a big bike...the more the merrier.
I gotta get ready, heading back to Africa next weekend.

20201025_075350.jpg

An acquaintance took wrong line in SHNF today, alone. Above video shows him getting out.
FB_IMG_1603665429594.jpg

Apparently, Africa Twins aren’t the only ones that like to swim. :lol2:

I sure do hate mud. Mostly cleaning up and replacing items.

Reactions: JMZ
Nice. Good to someone taking a big bike out there. I'm used hearing a bunch of talk, then only myself and Walt R actually show up with big bikes.

Nice. Good to someone taking a big bike out there. I'm used hearing a bunch of talk, then only myself and Walt R actually show up with big bikes.
I should be back in the next 3 weeks and will be needing some trail time. I'll hit you guys up again

I've taken mine a few times, and will again, just not near as much fun as my dirt bike. So I'm not part of the bunch of talk group! But glad you enjoy it! That's what great about this sport.

FB_IMG_1603665429594.jpg

In all honesty, doing this ^^^^ to a 15-20,000 dollar bike doesn't interest me! Heck hate sinking my dirt bike, lol. And half my riding is solo, I doubt I'm strong enough to do what this guy was able to do.

I've taken mine a few times, and will again, just not near as much fun as my dirt bike. So I'm not part of the bunch of talk group! But glad you enjoy it! That's what great about this sport.

The 1090R has made it more of a challenge and actually safer for me. I doubt I'll end up splattered against a tree. Which was a possibility with my XCF 350 and 520SX. Those two bikes made the trails ridiculously easy, the only way to have fun and a challenge was to moto it.

The 1090R has made it more of a challenge and actually safer for me. I doubt I'll end up splattered against a tree. Which was a possibility with my XCF 350 and 520SX. Those two bikes made the trails ridiculously easy, the only way to have fun and a challenge was to moto it.
Can't argue with some of that but some of us like to moto it as you say. We call it trail riding or trail racing. If there is 2 bikes it's a race! And if a 500 pound bike lands on your leg wrong you'll think you hit a tree. Enjoy! Hope to see you out there.

I'll be out there tomorrow.

Last edited:
Can't argue with some of that but some of us like to moto it as you say. We call it trail riding. And if a 500 pound bike lands on your leg wrong you'll think you hit a tree. Enjoy! Hope to see you out there.

I'll be out there tomorrow.
I'm failing to get my point across, but I think the fault is mine. :) Trail riding is whats boring to me on the little bikes. There is no challenge. Unless at race speeds. And the trails are two way, so instead of being able to rail around most of the turns, you need to slow down. Thats where 1090R comes in. Slows me down and makes me work. Especially in the sandy sections.

I am however, happy to see anyone out riding, and happy that we actually have a place like the SHNF to ride.
I apologize for the hijack.

We good. Unfortunately, we try to go race speeds!

Back