• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF update

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
ALL westside trails open, that's a huge win! That's close to 50 miles of trails!!!!!
Eastside will get attention now to get it open.

I'd really like to ride those trails.

Would they be better on a CRF1000L or a CRF250L?

Know anyone that might be willing to lead a ride through there?

I go pretty regular. This is 250 country, no doubt. Forest rds are AT friendly.

Is it newbie 250 friendly or need to find some easier trails to start with?

Great news! Now about this weather? Hope to go as soon as it's in the 80s . Crossing my fingers that no storms spoil our adventures.
Thanks for posting .

Is it newbie 250 friendly or need to find some easier trails to start with?

Yes sir, nothing technical, bridges over creeks ect. If really dry you will learn to ride in sand. Pretty physical with sand, whoops, and roots. Fun

Cool, I'd like to come down and do that with you sometime if you're up for that.

Great news! Who's riding Saturday? Is the Stubbelfield trail head open to park at?

I'm not promising anything, but that is what I understand. What I call the Stubblefield trailhead has been open already, just couldn't do the string. So all 3 westside trailheads should be open.

Ok, I will just pit at Kelly's pond to be safe. Thanks for all the info and the heads up for all of us not in the loop.

If you're running balloon loop, that's a long ways. I'm pretty sure Stubblefield is open. Not that far to check.

Ok, I will just pit at Kelly's pond to be safe. Thanks for all the info and the heads up for all of us not in the loop.

I'm a maybe for tomorrow, just in case, where and what time? Thanks

Got to Stubblefield at 820, left at 915. Not sure if missed you or wrong trail.

Red dodge truck I was on my 500. Did 2 ballon loops.i am beat! I am sorry I missed you.

Back