• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

** Sold ** Shoei Neotec II (Size L)

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
One of the guys I work with bought a new Shoei Neotec II helmet last week from the internet, rode in it over the weekend and it hurt his head. He has decided that it is too small, but of course the store won't take it back since he has worn it out on the bike.

The list on the helmet is $699, but he's prepared to accept $450. I have this helmet and it is the quietest and most comfortable helmet I have worn (if you buy the right size!!). Comes complete with pinlock anti fog visor.

So if you are in the market for a, near as darn it, brand new Neotec II for almost $250 off the list price. This is for you

Oh I almost forgot its size Large !!

Attachments

• IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1523.JPG
    IMG_1523.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1525.JPG
    IMG_1525.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Shoei NeoTech II.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 157
dot approved?
Shoei is a high end brand. They don't make anything that isn't high quality and high levels of protection. The NeoTec line are some of the best modular helmets on the planet.

DOT is a pretty low standard. My bet is that that helmet surpasses DOT by quite a large margin. It would probably be SNELL if it wasn't a modular.

I'm obviously a fan. I've worn the Neotec for the last 5 years. I probably need to buy this as I'm due to replace mine but I want silver.

Last edited:
Shoei sells several different size replacement pads so your friend might want to try sourcing some from Revzilla. I was borderline between Schuberth shell sizes and went with a small shell and large pads (which were 5mm vs the small shell 10mm). Made for a nice custom albeit a bit more expensive fit.

Yes Dot! They can be bought online from Europe without dot! Therefore illegal in our states with helmet laws. I've been using Neotec for years so aware of the quality. I bought a new Schuberth online and it came in with Euro safety rating therefore useless in some states! That is the reason for the question.

Yes Dot! They can be bought online from Europe without dot! Therefore illegal in our states with helmet laws. I've been using Neotec for years so aware of the quality. I bought a new Schuberth online and it came in with Euro safety rating therefore useless in some states! That is the reason for the question.
I wouldn't go so far as to say the same helmet with ECE sticker instead of DOT sticker is useless here. Unless you act like a jackass at a traffic stop, I highly doubt cops in helmet law states are gonna write you a ticket for not having a DOT sticker on your Neotec II, when a whole gaggle of Harley riders putt-putt by wearing DOT-stickered skull caps.

It is a valid question though, as some riders might not be comfortable being "illegal", even if it is strictly just a labeling technicality.

Back