• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shop Amazon and help support TWT -- No Longer Available

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Well, for several years I have been meaning to sign up for the Amazon Affiliates program as a means of trying to generate a bit of income from the forum in an unobtrusive manner for the users. All a user has to do is enter the Amazon site using this link,

http://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20

and then start shopping. For items that qualify, TWT will receive a small percentage.

:tab If you leave the site before adding anything to your cart, the identifier that connects you with TWT will last for 24 hours or until you enter the site using someone else's link. If you add items to your cart, the identifier is supposed to last 30 days. Regardless, you can always just reenter Amazon using the link above. If you bookmark it, you won't even have to come here looking for it. You can also find the link using the "Support TWT" drop down menu on the Navbar at the top of any page on the site.

:tab If someone puts a link to an Amazon product in a post, that link automatically gets the TWT identifier tagged to it.

:tab I won't be putting up any extra banners other than what we already have up on the site.

:tab I have no clue how much this might make for the site. However, it doesn't really cost anything for me to set it up. What I really like is that it allows users to support the site without having to worry about using Paypal (which some folks don't like) or trying to mail checks. The only downside side is that I have no way to connect this kind of support with the users to set them up as Forum Supporters. That will still be connected to direct donations to the site. The other thing I like is that I don't have to put ads all over the place in threads, between posts, etc,... like many sites do with programs like Google's Adsense.

:tab I might eventually get around to creating an Amazon subforum where folks can post about specific products like motorcycle gear, tires, camping equipment, cameras, food, etc,...

:tab Anyway, if you plan to do some holiday shopping on Amazon, please consider this as a way to helping TWT and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Saved.
I shop Amazon once a week or so.....

Awesome. Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I can't get credit on my own purchases... I would have cashed in yesterday as I did my Christmas shopping (new home theater setup, TV and everything...)

Last edited:
Shortcut updated. You are going to be rich! You really should have done this a week ago. :doh:

Shortcut updated. You are going to be rich! You really should have done this a week ago. :doh:

Nah... I should have done it YEARS ago :-P Amazon has had this affiliate program since 1996! Have I mentioned that I have a serious procrastination problem...? :doh:

Perfect timing with the holidays. I love my Amazon Prime account.

I just sent the entry point link to a big circle of family/friends.

I use Amazon a few times each month I will be glad to click through to help TWT, I wonder if it also works on my purchases at Audible it is an Amazon owned company

Folks, make sure you have "cookies" enabled in your browsers for this to work. They should be on by default, but some folks turn them off. That's how things get tracked.

Also, Scott you may have the option to have the cookies work for longer that the times you stated above. Amazon may set them to a certain range, but longer times are possible. I used to have a dietary supplement website, and used the Amazon affiliate program, but it's been a few years.

El Fenix. lol. I don't even know what those words mean. I do almost everything from my phone. Do I have "cookies"? Do I have to do anything other than enter through Scott's link?

El Fenix. lol. I don't even know what those words mean. I do almost everything from my phone. Do I have "cookies"? Do I have to do anything other than enter through Scott's link?

If you are using a "full mobile browser" like Opera, Safari, or Chrome on your smartphone, then yes, I believe so.

If you're using Tapatalk on the forum, then it may transfer over after you click a link. Not really sure on that one.

Tapatalk. It's virtually idiot-proof and I'm a virtual idiot so....

No worries. These are questions folks don't know, or really ever need to know, unless they own a website, or do digital marketing for other businesses, like I do.

This is an AWESOME deal. I will def be using it for my Christmas shopping. Is there a way for the buyer to see how much is coming back to TWT?

I do thousands of dollars of Amazon shopping for the restaurant every couple months. I will add the bookmark to my work computer.

Sent from some jerk texting while riding.

Is there a way for the buyer to see how much is coming back to TWT?

Not that I know of.

However, when anyone does use this in the near future, please post here so I can make sure it is working. Don't necessarily need to know what you bought, but just that you tried to use this feature. There are reports I can view showing amounts I will receive, but I don't think they identify the buyers.

I ordered a pair of gloves and a wine opener yesterday using the new link.

Not that I'm a huge amazon shopper but who pays "the small percentage"? Amazon? The seller? Just curious.

Back