• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shop Amazon and help support TWT -- No Longer Available

Not that I'm a huge amazon shopper but who pays "the small percentage"? Amazon? The seller? Just curious.

Amazon pays it as an "affiliate commission."

If you want to go far down the rabbit hole, technically the seller pays for it, due to added costs of paying overhead, such as commissions :sun:

We have diapers and wipes on auto order. I wonder if I can change it to where TWT gets "credit"

Amazon pays it as an "affiliate commission."

If you want to go far down the rabbit hole, technically the seller pays for it, due to added costs of paying overhead, such as commissions :sun:

Was always there. Advertising costs and expenditures just going to another place before.

Sent from some jerk texting while riding.

Scott -- in the not-too-distant past, Amazon would provide an Amazon "ad" that you could drop into your site and link it to their website -- that way nobody has to remember the URL. Perhaps they'll still make that available, though it definitely changes the look and feel of your site.

Scott -- in the not-too-distant past, Amazon would provide an Amazon "ad" that you could drop into your site and link it to their website -- that way nobody has to remember the URL.

Yep. Used that on my personal site to get commissions on books that people purchased after reading my reviews.

Not that I'm a huge amazon shopper but who pays "the small percentage"? Amazon? The seller? Just curious.

:tab You pay the same price whether you use the link or not. As mentioned, it is built into all of their pricing as overhead. By using the link, you just send some of that overhead to TWT instead of to Amazon or some other affiliate/advertiser.

We have diapers and wipes on auto order. I wonder if I can change it to where TWT gets "credit"

:tab I do not believe there is anyway to change something after the fact.

What are items that qualify?

:tab Easier to say what does NOT qualify:

The following are Excluded Products:

• any product or service sold on a site linked to from the Amazon Site (e.g., a product or service listed through our “Product Ads” program or sold on a site linked to from a banner ad, sponsored link, or other link displayed on the Amazon Site);
  • any wireless service plan offered through the Amazon Site and not sold or fulfilled by us;
  • any product, including games and other applications, sold through the Amazon Appstore for Android;
  • any product sold on fresh.amazon.com;
  • any alcoholic beverage product;
  • any digital Kindle product purchased as a subscription (e.g., Kindle newspaper subscriptions, magazine subscriptions, blog subscriptions, etc.); or
  • any of the products identified by Amazon Standard Identification Number (“ASIN”) in the following list (from and after the date listed); provided that any additions to this list will be published on this page at least 7 days before the beginning of the month in which they are first excluded (and such publication will be your sole notice of such modification): or

Excluded_ASIN_Table_20130201._V395124753_.gif

Scott -- in the not-too-distant past, Amazon would provide an Amazon "ad" that you could drop into your site and link it to their website -- that way nobody has to remember the URL. Perhaps they'll still make that available, though it definitely changes the look and feel of your site.

:tab Those are still available in all manner of sizes and variety. I just have not included any on the site for the reason you mention. I would change the look and feel of the site. If I can make a banner that fits the size of those I already have, then I might incorporate them. Unfortunately, I am severely graphically challenged when it comes to creating that kind of stuff.

:tab It seems to be working. Since I posted this, we have already received about $40 in commissions!

Yep. Used that on my personal site to get commissions on books that people purchased after reading my reviews.

:tab By the way, if anyone does a book review here (or reviews for anything else for that matter) and include a link to Amazon in their post, the forum software will automatically append the ID for TWT to the link ;-)

If I can make a banner that fits the size of those I already have, then I might incorporate them. Unfortunately, I am severely graphically challenged when it comes to creating that kind of stuff.

:tab I forgot to mention that if anyone would like to create a banner for me that matches the size of those already shown at the top of every page, I would REALLY appreciate it. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Simple text would be fine, perhaps something like "Shop at Amazon and support TWT!" Then I would link it to Amazon with the ID attached.

:tab The link is also in the "Support TWT" drop down menu on the main Navbar.

I like those a lot. I like the 3rd one the best. Suggestion: Put the "Support TWT" in the white portion of the flag, delete "And", put "Shop at Amazon" in the red portion.

When I click on the link from my phone it says invalid attachment specified. May be a phone thing.

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

No idea....
All uploaded the same way, to this server.

All work on all three computers here at my place,, and only one of those was online when they were uploaded.
Cleared cache, and reloaded web site and images, all visable.

I like those a lot. I like the 3rd one the best. Suggestion: Put the "Support TWT" in the white portion of the flag, delete "And", put "Shop at Amazon" in the red portion.

Agreed. Thanks!

Back