• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shop Amazon and help support TWT -- No Longer Available

:tab I thought I would update this and let everyone know how things have been going with Amazon. I've been doing the affiliate thing now for about six months (started late Nov last year). It is averaging about $150-200/mo going toward TWT. I have not been tracking what folks are buying. It really doesn't matter that much (to me anyway). The list of things you can buy for which we do not get a commission is small compared to the list of things for which we DO get a commission.

:tab I just want to say thanks to those of you that use the link from here to Amazon to help support the site. It may not look like much, but it definitely helps! :thumb:

:tab I thought I would update this and let everyone know how things have been going with Amazon. I've been doing the affiliate thing now for about six months (started late Nov last year). It is averaging about $150-200/mo going toward TWT. I have not been tracking what folks are buying. It really doesn't matter that much (to me anyway). The list of things you can buy for which we do not get a commission is small compared to the list of things for which we DO get a commission.

:tab I just want to say thanks to those of you that use the link from here to Amazon to help support the site. It may not look like much, but it definitely helps! :thumb:

Question. If you go in through your link, then jump to prime instant video, then to a purchase, do you still get credit? Looking at the urls, I'm not sure and the SWMBO tends to go to prime video for viewing a lot of the time before shopping.

Question. If you go in through your link, then jump to prime instant video, then to a purchase, do you still get credit? Looking at the urls, I'm not sure and the SWMBO tends to go to prime video for viewing a lot of the time before shopping.

I am not 100% sure. What you need to look for is "tag=twowhetex-20" in the link when you are browsing or selecting products. That is what connects the purchase to TWT. If that is missing, all you have to do is use the following link to reenter Amazon and then select what you want,

http://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20

Just bought a BMW seat for my GS through your link. :)

Bump, just ordered some car parts.

I wish there was a way to automatically use this link, but most of the time I order through Amazon, I forget about this program.

Bump, just ordered some car parts.

I wish there was a way to automatically use this link, but most of the time I order through Amazon, I forget about this program.

Can't you just create a bookmark in your browser for it? I would think that is easier than coming to TWT to find the link :shrug:

Can't you just create a bookmark in your browser for it? I would think that is easier than coming to TWT to find the link :shrug:

That's what I did. I labeled it Amazon via TWT. Makes it easy. And this just reminded me that I need to go buy something today. ;-)

With the shopping season fully upon us now, I just thought I would give this a bump to remind folks that this is a REALLY easy way to help the forum at no extra expense to yourself.

Just bookmark this link,

And a small percentage of your Amazon purchases is paid to TWT. Thanks!

With the shopping season fully upon us now, I just thought I would give this a bump to remind folks that this is a REALLY easy way to help the forum at no extra expense to yourself.

Just bookmark this link,

And a small percentage of your Amazon purchases is paid to TWT. Thanks!

Hey Scott; I created a link to Amazon with the TWTex tag, and have made several orders using it. Christmas season, ya' know. Anyway, have you seen any income from Amazon? Just wondering if this is helping at all.

Hey Scott; I created a link to Amazon with the TWTex tag, and have made several orders using it. Christmas season, ya' know. Anyway, have you seen any income from Amazon? Just wondering if this is helping at all.

:tab I get a monthly report from Amazon. I think the highest month was around $200, average is maybe around $125/150 per month. It is not a huge amount, but it still helps!

Probably no way to do this when shopping from my Amazon Android app on my phone, huh?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Probably no way to do this when shopping from my Amazon Android app on my phone, huh?

I don't really know if it works with a mobile app. The key is the part after the .com on the end of the link, "/?tag=twowhetex-20". That has to be there so Amazon knows to key the purchases to TWT.

Not using a website browser or microsite to shop Amazon. Using their actual application for Android. So, I guess the answer is no.

Just saw this, will be using it for xmas shopping. I cannot use my own affiliate links, Amazon does not credit them, since it is me. But I will use yours, Scott.:clap:

So Scott, one thing I do is ask members to periodically post any purchases they made through our link and then I can check the Amazon earnings report and make sure they are showing up. In a day or two you should see

SteelSeries Rival Optical Gaming Mouse
LeRage Shirts Women's
Nordic Ware Italian Frittata and Omelette Pan
SHANY Nail Art Set
Skinfood Honey Pot Lip Balm
Women Cotton Novelty Gamer NCP T-Shirt

Cool, thanks.

I haven't worried much about it because I figure some folks may not want to share what they are buying.

Back